BMW NineT Forum banner

DynoJet Power Commander

46546 Views 96 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  TiM81
Given that the 9T and R1200R (2014) have identical engines and ECU, could the DynoJet for the R1200R be used on a 9T? I think their fuel maps are probably identical too.

Thoughts appreciated!
1 - 2 of 97 Posts
Hi, I've just fitted my Power Commader V which I had fitted to my old 1200GS. I've uploaded the Stock RnineT Scrambler map from PC, for stock exhaust and stock airfilter. I have to say, I've not noticed a huge difference in performance, unlike when I installed it on my 2007 1200GS, using the appropriate Map. I'm wondering if the PC map for the Scrambler is for a Euro3 ECU? Did BMW even make a Euro3 version? My bike is a late 2016 model, so could be Euro3 or 4? I wouldn't know? Any ideas or obvious signs to tell? Another annoying issue is my Emission warning lamp stays on! As recommended by PC I decoupled the exhaust 02 sensors. I suspect this is the reason the orange warning lamp is constantly displayed. Any ideas how this can this be reset? Thanks. I think an email to PC is beckoning!
Thanks, that's what I think, my Scrambler is Euro 4.
Update. I've re-plugged the 02 sensors back in and after a 40 mile ride, powered off, then restarted, the on warning lamp disappeared! . In fact the bike runs a bit smoother now, so I guess the instructions from Dynajet, to decouple the 02 sensors where for the Euro3 RNineT model. Another set of RNineT Instructions, I found on the internet from Dynajet, didnt mention unpluging the 02 sensor. So I'm assuming this instruction sheet was for the Euro4 models. Hopefully I will get to the bottom of this when I speak with Dynajet.
1 - 2 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.