BMW NineT Forum banner

DynoJet Power Commander

46545 Views 96 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  TiM81
Given that the 9T and R1200R (2014) have identical engines and ECU, could the DynoJet for the R1200R be used on a 9T? I think their fuel maps are probably identical too.

Thoughts appreciated!
21 - 40 of 97 Posts
I am blessed to live in San Diego with year round access to some of the best driving/riding roads in the world. I just got back from a 3 day ride Harley ride through Joshua Tree, Palms to Pines highway, Idyllwild, Coachella Valley, etc. 700+ miles, 20,000 vertical feet up down...stunning scenery. Rode in a tshirt end to end even 6,000 feet up it was 90+ day high 70's night.

To the earlier question my exhaust is by Roland Sands (custom 1 off like the concept). Mirrors are CRG, Tron LED tail and Roland Sands made me a custom static mounting bracket that stays in position with hump or passenger seat. Custom Dynamics Is the LED license plate frame and Kieti is the mounting bracket. Just because here are a few shots from this past weekend's ride

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 3
For those interested in the PC-5. This is the response:

Good news: We just got the BMW RnineT in yesterday. We have fitted existing Power Commander hardware to it (PN: 12-001 for 2005-2009 BMW R1200GS). Everything plugged in just fine. We mapped the bike on the dyno and have a map for a completely stock bike available at your request. I am currently working on a new install guide that will be specific to this bike; but for now, you can purchase PN: 12-001 from any Dynojet dealer and install it on your BMW RnineT.

The new PC5 part number that will be specific to this bike will be 12-018; but the actual hardware in this kit is no different than what we use in several other BMW Power Commander kits.
So hardware can be had for $280 USD

But then you need to head over to the shop and get bike tuned, if i understand this proper.
So hardware can be had for $280 USD
http://www.amazon.com/Dynojet-Research-Power-Commander-12-001/dp/B009EBSGDE

But then you need to head over to the shop and get bike tuned, if i understand this proper.
Yes. DynoJet said out-the-box it would be a great improvement over stock, but to get the most power (that extra 25% of the gain delta), a dyno is required.

I actually saw a R1200GS (2011) fitted with this harness on the weekend. It is unfortunate that the cabling is not more OEM looking. It would be rather noticeable that the injector plug was piggybacked.
Was trying to find Huntsman's mods on his engine ...his gains were large
... sorry chaps, Huntsman don't have any engine mods .... my 9TEE at present is good enough for me the way it came ...
Called local place. They said if this kit indeed correct and does plug right in and all that they will charge $300 for full custom tune on the dyno. Or i can buy all from them, have them install it and tune it for $643 out of the door.
Now question is - how hard is it to install on our bike?
... sorry chaps, Huntsman don't have any engine mods .... my 9TEE at present is good enough for me the way it came ...
Sorry Huntsman it was Bose who had those mods.

Glad to hear we have a product that will work. Would like to see that harness first though
25PSi; Looks like this[/quote said:
No, that is just a generic photo. Looks like this.

Attachments

See less See more
Wholly ****, that is hellofalotmore complicated than one i found!!! Totally worth paying shop extra 40 bucks for commander to get install for free IMHO!
so, is Dynotune or Dynojetting the equivalent of Brent ECU flash?
Wholly ****, that is hellofalotmore complicated than one i found!!! Totally worth paying shop extra 40 bucks for commander to get install for free IMHO!
The cabling just ins't neat and some coloured wires show etc....I am a bit OCD though :)

Install is easy
so, is Dynotune or Dynojetting the equivalent of Brent ECU flash?
Flash tunes such as Bren & Rexxer are ECU software changes to the OE fuel maps. There is no hardware other than a cable that initially plugs into the OBD2 port on the bike to load/unload the fuel map. Bren uses a cable/laptop combo, while Rexxer uses a cable and supplies a small handheld unit. Both are unplugged from the bike once the software is uploaded, so nothing physical remains.

DynoJet and Wunderlich are hardware (piggyback systems). They plug into various sensors and alter the signals from the ECU. These units remain wired to the bike.
power commander sent an email saying they now have a NineT stock map in the database after getting a stock bike and running it on their dyno. So anyone getting a power commander would have this map available.
soooo... power commander + booster plug? or bp is irrelevant now?
Yeah you wont need BPs with Powercommander
soooo... power commander + booster plug? or bp is irrelevant now?
BoosterPlug is still an excellent choice if you just want a better running bike without a performance increase.

If you install catless headers or free flow air filters then IMO you need something more advanced than the BP. Flash tunes are better than piggybacks.
I have installed a PC-V and Autotune this past week. Mods on the bike are the Remus Headers and AC Schnitzer Silencer. These are the only performance mods on the bike.

I have ridden approximately 300 miles and during that time I've been reviewing and accepting Trim tables after each ride. I've ridden numerous roads and varied my riding considerably.

In short, the DynoJet kit does make noticeable differences and I've been very impressed. I'm also happy to share out the Map if anyone is interested.

If you're running a PC-V and have made modifications to the Target AFR tables and found success, please share. I'm running the stock DynoJet AFR table currently.
Reactions: 5
You can also use the R1200GS (>2009 to 2012) model maps as same engine and heaps of maps online for various configurations of intakes and exhaust
21 - 40 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.