BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

· Registered
BMW R nineT /5
159 Posts
We don’t wave at scooterists because of history. Mods and rockers. Hated each other. Mods on scooters and rockers on motorbikes. Look up on Google. Maybe a British thing, but long standing animosity. Not sure it’s the same now, different generation to our fathers and grandfathers. But still two different camps still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2018 UGS
91 Posts
We don’t wave at scooterists because of history. Mods and rockers. Hated each other. Mods on scooters and rockers on motorbikes. Look up on Google. Maybe a British thing, but long standing animosity. Not sure it’s the same now, different generation to our fathers and grandfathers. But still two different camps still.

Thanks for that background. Spent the last 20 minutes on google and Wikipedia. It is (was?) British, it’s from before my time, and may not have been as much of a divide as maybe both sides and everybody else made it out to be at the time. Interesting bit of history.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph

· Registered
247 Posts

I know all about it. I'm British originally, my dad was somewhat of a mod. Just wondering why we do all that boomer crap still. When riding season returns and the snow finally goes, maybe I'll wave at a few more. What about quads and trikes?

121 - 125 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.