BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R Nine T Scrambler
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,
Hope everyone had a healthy, safe, and fun holiday season. I have a 2021 Scrambler that seems to have developed a bit of an issue over the last 2 months. I've got an appointment schedule for February 8th, but was hoping that something could be done in the meantime. Not being able to ride that long is akin to going without therapy...

Anyway, about two months ago I noticed after after warm up and a bit of riding, when I come to a stop, the RPMs drop real low (apologies if I don't use the appropriate terms). In addition when i blip the throttle a bit, after it revs, the rpm's drop again almost as if it's going to stall. This can make things a bit tricky on acceleration. On top of that every so often I'll hear a knocking and the bike has also stalled on me.

I've read through some of the forums and have seen posts about TPS resets and booster plugs, poor fuel, condensation... but if this issue is similar to what's being written about on here.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Bryan

·
Registered
257 Posts
From your brief description, it sounds like bad fuel. I would drain the tank and put in fresh premium fuel. After draining the old gas into a bucket, let it settle to see if there is water contamination.

·
Registered
21 R9T
170 Posts
If it's easy enough take a look at your spark plugs, that will tell you straight away of any conditions. Like David said gas may be sus or gone further down stream and caused a blockage. Mine did similar things until the baffles came out and the cables disconnected from the flappy thing. I usually like to modify the baffle but in this case they left no option for finesse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts