BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Loving my new R Nine T and my favourite thing about it has to be the pops and crackles when you roll off the throttle. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way I can make this happen more and louder?

Photo of the bike before today's 300km in the saddle for attention :p

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
852 Posts
If your year of bike allows it, removing the exhaust baffles will make it louder, as will doing a 'flapperectomy' (removal of the exhaust butterfly flap).

Another way of making it pop/bang louder/more often is to open your throttle just a tiny smidge instead of fully shutting it when on the overrun......that used to work lully on mine, but not so noticable now after it had a remap.

Of course....the easiest and cheapest way to make it pop and bang more is to come off and on the throttle more often.....jus' for the 'ell of it!!!!! hehe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with Gambo916. Just keep de throttle a tiny bit open when decelerating, and she will gurgle heavenly. :giggle: At least mine '14 does, full stock exhaust & air filter, only flapper and DB killers removed.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey everyone,

Loving my new R Nine T and my favourite thing about it has to be the pops and crackles when you roll off the throttle. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way I can make this happen more and louder?

Photo of the bike before today's 300km in the saddle for attention :p

Many thanks in advance

View attachment 128143
That’s a beauty. I like where you put your red refelector too. I’ve removed the fiber packing in my stock mufflers and done a flapectomy and the sound is closer to what I’d like. The pops and cracks you’re looking for are caused by unburnt gas exploding in the exhaust pipes and hot muffler. The stock tune is very lean to meet emission standards but there are several methods to remedy this lean mix. If you do run it rich the tendency to pop and crackle goes up exponentially. Be careful not to blow your headers or exhaust system right off the bike but rich up the mix a bit and you will surely hear the difference every time you back off the throttle. Look into this forum and use the search tools about mods you can do to the ECU. There’s plug and play that’s pretty cheap all the way to fully wipe and remap your onboard computer and head for the dyno to dial it in. A to Z Search tools ! That’s the key, knowledge, it’s all there. Happy trails, popping all the way ! StayUpOn2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts