BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from KSA! its been while!
I saw many scramblers with a small wind fairing which looks great

thinking of getting one... but...does it actually work or its only for the look?

Any real life experience?

thank you!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I rode with 3 different "screens" on my urban g/s.

The screen does not really help much in deflecting any wind.. Also tried a Wunderlich bigger screen but that blasted all the wind right into my face.

·
Registered
HD Rocker FXCWC; Scrambler, to be bought
226 Posts
I am thinking abt the Unitgarage version with the extension screen, once I have the bike and acquired the screen I'll let you know.... if you can wait a few months!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a Dart Classic flyscreen on my Pure. It helps marginally at speeds higher than 60MPH, but it is not a game changer by any means. The only screen that seems to make a difference is the Daytona from Wunderlich, but with that one too, it's a hit or miss, depending your height. Chris above mentions a Wunderlich screen that deflects wind on your face....not sure what model he is referring to, but it seems that unless you go big and ugly, we need to resign ourselves to play kites in the wind...

·
Registered
R 9 T scrambler
3 Posts
Also looking for a screen for my scrambler.

Having looked at some previous/older threads concerning windscreens, kind of all alternatives mentioned in past threads pops again.

Except for this one from Unit Garage (seems like no one here has tried it out before) which I am quite interested in Windshield with GPS support
I like the look of it; - clean, with the frame only showing, just hugging the headlight, kind of a nice height and width (from looking at the pics).

I will certainly follow and see what is recommended.

here is another link with few more pics ...
Windshield with GPS support

I'm not really bothered by the wind, enjoying the experience, but being close to 1.9m tall, it becomes a tad to much riding longer distances at slightly higher speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts