BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to test the controller modules using the GS911, it worked out well.

One thing puzzled me, is that there is a "fan" test There is no "fan" on the R9Ts that I know of.
Regardless, the bike passed the fan test!

Can anyone shed light on where this "fan" is located?
(2018 R9T Pure)

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
@Chris<CJ> most of the cool fans are forum members, and you are one of them!!! That’s why you passed the test.
Cheers from already way-too-hot-to-ride Austin, TX!

Rectangle Font Eyelash Parallel Slope

Fans alone don’t even work here anymore… It’s air conditioning time…from now to the end of September…

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Chris most of the cool fans are forum members, and you are one of them!!! That’s why you passed the test.
Cheers from already way-too-hot-to-ride Austin, TX!

View attachment 153900

Fans alone don’t even work here anymore… It’s air conditioning time…from now to the end of September…
Your comment sparked a thought, something that is in Blitz Schnell's area of expertise.
How about crafting a fan to sit behind the oil cooler?

I may be wrong, but someone on this forum had actually started down this path, though I did not hear of a conclusion.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Your comment sparked a thought, something that is in Blitz Schnell's area of expertise.
How about crafting a fan to sit behind the oil cooler?

I may be wrong, but someone on this forum had actually started down this path, though I did not hear of a conclusion.
As it turns out, a standard pan fan for cooling a computer, I think they are of the 5” variety can easily be hung over the oil cooler, wire tied to it and then run directly from the 12vdc battery .,…. I recall I think it was July/August that I had the setup in place … very hot summer days in Texas, Air/Oil cooled engines don’t do well without AIR …. These cheap little fans are a great way to stay safe while in Stop and Go mode. Remember, we’re talking about BMW’s ………
I’m aware I’m not a “normal“ beemer-boy ….. and I do thing to my bikes that makes many forum members cringe in horror …….. but in reality … I just do what works … not so much what looks good ..or fits the image. My finished Bobber will illustrate that …. BeWell …Blitz

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts

One thing puzzled me, is that there is a "fan" test There is no "fan" on the R9Ts that I know of.

(2018 R9T Pure)
That fan is in the bleachers behind the dugout …..

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,075 Posts

(2018 R9T Pure)
Im a really big fan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts