BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure what the "OEM Tail Bag" looks like, but I just bought a right side SW Motech Legend pannier bag and rack for my racer.
This definitely didn't fit with the FBT, so I ended up going back to the stock rear mudguard.
First problem is that the pannier rack uses the same rear mounting point as the FBT LED light bracket, and they clash.
Second problem is that I chose to keep the OE LED indicators, and they also clash with the bag if fitted with the FBT bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Not sure what the "OEM Tail Bag" looks like, but I just bought a right side SW Motech Legend pannier bag and rack for my racer.
This definitely didn't fit with the FBT, so I ended up going back to the stock rear mudguard.
First problem is that the pannier rack uses the same rear mounting point as the FBT LED light bracket, and they clash.
Second problem is that I chose to keep the OE LED indicators, and they also clash with the bag if fitted with the FBT bracket.
You are right, this setup (FBT & SW Motech Legend) does not fit as stock, but it’s no problem to make it work. I made spacers to align it and I am very happy with result - works fine couple of seasons already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've attached a pic of the bag. As you can see it does hang over the FBT light quite a bit.
Not sure Idl feel safe riding like this. It's a shame as I love the bag, but will probably sell it and go back to my kriega US30. Or change the tail tidy to one that sticks out a bit more :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks like you can still see the LEDs OK, at least from the eye line of a following car driver.
Personally, I am not happy with the spatial differentiation of the FBT turn signals, which is why I wanted to keep the OE items on their stalks.
As previously mentioned, I went back to the stock diving board, but yesterday I received a charlie chan tail tidy (30 quid off the bay) that uses the stock LED tail light and seems to place the indicators in their stock location. I have a feeling this might be the answer in my case.
I made spacers to align it and I am very happy with result
Kebo - please post a pic of the bracket you made to get the SW Motech rack to fit. I couldn't come up with a solution, so I'd be very interested to see what you did!
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Looks like you can still see the LEDs OK, at least from the eye line of a following car driver.
Personally, I am not happy with the spatial differentiation of the FBT turn signals, which is why I wanted to keep the OE items on their stalks.
As previously mentioned, I went back to the stock diving board, but yesterday I received a charlie chan tail tidy (30 quid off the bay) that uses the stock LED tail light and seems to place the indicators in their stock location. I have a feeling this might be the answer in my case.

Kebo - please post a pic of the bracket you made to get the SW Motech rack to fit. I couldn't come up with a solution, so I'd be very interested to see what you did!
Thanks.
Sure - will make some photos for you when I will be in the garage.

Reactions: Fred Gassit

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Thanks.
Here you are:

With this setup I need to use additional washer and longer screw for hump fixing:

Reactions: Fred Gassit
1 - 7 of 7 Posts