BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure I have seen somewhere about wet weather and fancy bike thing rear light not agreeing. Any one had this issue or can direct me to a thread that covers it ? Any info much appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator
12,035 Posts
Think from my poor memory I've just seen a single post on this on the forum. Most FBT tail owners seem very happy with their purchase. Willing to be corrected though!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Never had any issue with mine FBT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It went for a service today. Techy took it for a road test 'raining' ,final checks and right hand indicators started flashing double time. They had a new fbt unit put it on problem solved. After one hour riding home in rain problem retuns. After standing at home problem is both sides. plug in original led indicators problem gone. ??

·
Administrator
12,035 Posts
Might be water getting into the electrical connectors connecting the LED tail to the bike wiring harness....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it went like thisIts a 2017 bike ,fbt been fitted for a year no problem.After routine service techy takes bike for road test 'raining' final checks before handback and right indicators are going double time. They had a fbt unit so plugged it in problem solved. Hour and half ride home in substantial rain, 1 hour in problem returns, after getting home problem affects left and right , depending which one is called upon to work. Dug the original led indicators out of the garage and plugged in, voila everything is fine. ?? Fbt is now hanging above the Aga, will see how it behaves in the morning.

·
Banned
660 Posts
if it did it with the original then after a short time with a replacement and now the std LEDS work, but i'm betting for only a short time also, then it's likely the connector block suffering water ingress. when you play with it and plug in a new connector you get a good connection and it works, after a while the water finds it's way into the connection and your troubles start again.
Check your connectors for loose wires at the back, if they move back n forth that's likely where your trouble is, it's common when disconnecting them to tug on the wire and not the block, which can dislodge the terminal inside as well as the grommet that seals the block. spray with a good quality conductive water dispersant like 2.26 as well as making sure your wires and grommets are seated properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update of my problem. After a few hours warming 'drying out' the fbt , normal service from the unit has resumed.
(y)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine has the same problem since the first day. I sent 3 emails to the fancy dude, zero replies.. one of them was to inquire about another subject.
Anyway, i only got a reply when i was about to order the light.. 🙄

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys.
Thanks for this topic.

I am having also inconsistent Fancy Bike on my left blinker.
Reading this topic I saw that I am not the only one with this problem.

And I also had some water. Now the weather is dry the problem is gone.

Thank you guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts