BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had this fitted for a couple of years and have my first MOT coming up soon.

I want to fit the original LED indicators using the supplied bracket, but the indicator bolts fail the luggage hoops.

Does anyone have this setup?

I'm waiting for a reply from FBT.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just for info, the fella that runs FBT, it's his parents that have been tested positive for the corona virus on the ship in Japan so he'll have other things on his mind, also, he did say he was having issues with his email and if you hadn't had a reply, email him again.

HTH.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,601 Posts
Indeed, I do hope Steve's parents end up OK. It is a worrying time for that family I'm sure! I'll echo what @Cabby says, Steve is normally very good at replying to messages. From memory I seem to recall that FBT tail tidys can be retrofitted with indicators pretty easily...

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I’m running that setup, I think I swapped out the indicator bracket bolts. I’m away working at the moment but will drop some pictures up here when I get home tonight.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Here is how mine is mounted using the FBT bracket

To mount the indicators to the bracket, I used shorter bolts with a locknut, it’s tight but they don’t make contact with the luggage hooks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I watched his fitting vid again the other night, are your indicators on a separate bracket that was supplied with the FBT ? Sure he said something about supplying longer bolts.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I watched his fitting vid again the other night, are your indicators on a separate bracket that was supplied with the FBT ? Sure he said something about supplying longer bolts.
That’s the FTB indicator bracket supplied with the kit, longer bolts for the indicators would fowl the luggage eyes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

Got my 1st MOT coming up soon, and trying to fit my original LED indicators with the bracket supplied with the FBT.

Unfortunately the Indicator bolts foul the luggage hooks.

Does anyone have this set up?

67 plate original R9T. Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,377 Posts
Does anyone have this set up?
I have moved your post to this earlier thread on the exact same topic.
Please read the above posts for a solution!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts