BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

here's my R9T 2015 build.

1. R1200S stock wheels
the surface of Korean roads is hell, so I needed tubeless wheels.
I bought a clean 2007 R1200S wheel from an auction in Japan. It's a bit different from the wheels on the air-cooled R1200R, so I had to replace the bearings on the front wheel.
The color code of the R9T Classic is black/silver, so I think the silver wheels look good.

2. Motogadget motoscope pro
as you know, there is no oil thermometer in R9T in 2015. now that I have the Motogadget installed, I can see several pieces of information including the oil thermometer.

3. AC schnitzer slip-on exhaust without flapper
I've been using stock exhaust for years.
recently, I got tired of the stained stock Akrapovic and replaced it.
It seems to go well with the silver rear wheel.

4. Motogadget M.blaze turn signal with LSL adapter
I'm fed up with the ugly stock bulb type turn signals.
that's why I installed a beautiful Motogadget turn signals that boasts a 360-degree viewing angle.
In particular, the LSL turn signal adapter completely fills the empty space of the stock turn signals.

5. Puig windscreen
It is the most regretful of my choices.
This windscreen is unpainted.
It's just a solid piece of plastic!
I will replace this screen as soon as possible, which gets dirty over time.

Thanks for reading my long post.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Nicely done

Reactions: YHK

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've lived in a few time zones across a few states in my country, one thing I've noticed that seems pretty universal is everyone thinks their roads are the worst!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've lived in a few time zones across a few states in my country, one thing I've noticed that seems pretty universal is everyone thinks their roads are the worst!
it's a fun experience.
it's embarrassing to say, but there are a lot of foreign objects on the roads in Korea.
pieces of iron, nails, screws...

inexperienced riders will soon notice their tires run out of air as they drive off the edge of the road.

·
Registered
2021 Pure
4 Posts
it's a fun experience.
it's embarrassing to say, but there are a lot of foreign objects on the roads in Korea.
pieces of iron, nails, screws...

inexperienced riders will soon notice their tires run out of air as they drive off the edge of the road.

I started riding in midwestern states in US and then spent some time riding in Dominican Republic. I also travelled to Europe for short riding trips. Now I live in Korea. The roads are all the same. I would say Korean roads are rather well maintained and the condition is well above average. But one thing for sure is that you always wanna make sure that you are well aware of the condition of the roads that you ride on. =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started riding in midwestern states in US and then spent some time riding in Dominican Republic. I also travelled to Europe for short riding trips. Now I live in Korea. The roads are all the same. I would say Korean roads are rather well maintained and the condition is well above average. But one thing for sure is that you always wanna make sure that you are well aware of the condition of the roads that you ride on. =)
I have no experience on the roads of other countries, so I will trust your words(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts