BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 R NineT 719, 2018 KTM SuperDuke R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all-
I just acquired a slightly used 2021 R NineT 719 Edition with 2k miles last week. Crappy time of the year here in Pennsylvania to get a new bike, but what can you do.

This is my first BMW(leased many cars… M3,M4, M550i, M240i etc.), my first boxer and my first air cooled engine. The torque is great and the fit & finish of the bike is the best I’ve seen since my 2017 Triumph Speed Triple R.

The only thing that is taking time(only ridden about 200 miles so far) is getting used to the dry clutch. I’ve stalled a few times, which hasn’t happened to me in 20+ years, as well as overrunning the engine during shifts. I’m coming to realize this may take awhile to acclimate myself to proper shifting technique.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Glad to be part of this new community.
Dan

· Premium Member
3,138 Posts
It takes a bit of acclamation to master your new ride but once you get comfortable you’ll better understand why we are all fans of boxers and specifically the 9T Iteration. My hint … blurp the throttle just a tiny bit before you let out the clutch from a stop ALWAYS ! Once you get used to the trans it gets easy … I never use the clutch except 1st and 2nd and Stop. Otherwise you can float through the gears up and down by just listening to the engine, she'll tell you when to throttle back and tip you foot …. You will “be one with your machine” relax it takes some getting used to … especially if it’s your first German bike. Blitz was my 1st.
This is the most fun and low low maintainable bike I’ve ever owned and there’s been a few …. Have fun with it new member @CosmoK you’ll learn to love her ……….. what her.. (your new bikes).. name ?
BeWell, Welcome …………………. Blitz

· Registered
'03 BMW R1150RT
8 Posts
Great ride. You'll get used to it fairly quickly. Just give it a little bit of throttle before releasing the clutch. I am also new to the forum, but not new to BMW M/C. I've owned 9 of them including my current one, an '03 R1150RT, I've had since new (now with just over 100k miles). I don't have a R9T yet, but I have my eye on one. Hopefully soon. Enjoy your ride.

· Registered
21 R9T
256 Posts
Gidday mate, I didn’t warn up to the 719’s at first but they are quite a gem now. Stalled mine on the way home from the shop first ride, baffles fell out and never did it again.

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,985 Posts
Hello all-
I just acquired a slightly used 2021 R NineT 719 Edition with 2k miles last week. Crappy time of the year here in Pennsylvania to get a new bike, but what can you do.

This is my first BMW(leased many cars… M3,M4, M550i, M240i etc.), my first boxer and my first air cooled engine. The torque is great and the fit & finish of the bike is the best I’ve seen since my 2017 Triumph Speed Triple R.

The only thing that is taking time(only ridden about 200 miles so far) is getting used to the dry clutch. I’ve stalled a few times, which hasn’t happened to me in 20+ years, as well as overrunning the engine during shifts. I’m coming to realize this may take awhile to acclimate myself to proper shifting technique. View attachment 159869

Glad to be part of this new community.
Dan
Welcome from Virginia

· Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,588 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
224 Posts
Beautiful bike. Any ideas on personalizing it? Don't worry about getting used to it. A few days on this bike, and you'll wonder how you were having troubles to begin with. Welcome to the asylum.

· Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Congrats, nice nineT. Welcome here.

· Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,321 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful R9T and welcome to the forum from Ohio! :)

I'm in the same boat about the weather and road conditions here in NE Ohio. I thought I might have a couple more weeks I could ride, but other than warm temps at the moment (with salt on the roads, ugh) it's been too cold here for me to ride. Spring will be here before we know it, and you'll get plenty of opportunities to get used to your new BMW!

· Registered
BMW R NIne T 2016
11 Posts
Hello and welcome. Can't image the torment of not being able to ride your new bike! I admire your patience.. BlitzSchnell's advice is on the money...those big pistons appreciate a little help as you load them up from stop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts