BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m interested in hearing about your first and/ or favorite modification or addition?

·
Registered
19 Posts
1st up for me was a tail tidy, just couldn't bear the look of the oem. As for favourite, how will you know when the list just seems to keep getting longer : )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tail tidy is next on my list, but for me it was the Motogadget m.view spy bar end mirrors + Rhino moto bar ends.

Really slims down the front profile of the bike, and matches the retro-modern feel of the racer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tidy tail, flapper and removing the fork reflectors were easily the first things I did on mine.

The best for me were, clip-ons and exhaust. Totally transformed the look and feel of the bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Pictures are always welcome. I agree most tail tidy’s seem too far the other direction. OE to long and low, tidy to stubby. I may have something custom, in between? I guess my first officially is swapping the factory alloys for factory matte spokes and a more aggressive 80/20 tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I must be one of these rare beasts that doesn't like these tail tidys, other than the Daedalus/fancy bike thing, the others to my eye look terrible.
I agree with you Cabby. I am not a big fan of tail tidy either. I can understand why some folks go f or it . Admittedly, the rear of the R9t is not the best, compared to the rest of the bike, but the tail tidy approach does not do it for me. My firs move was to install these cylinder head covers. The next is a possible wind screen but I am not sure yet (most look bad and tend to deflect wind right on my neck and face).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Another naysayer on tail tidies. Mine had one on when I got it and I paid to put it back to standard.
First mod was a wunderlich screen for the UGS.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I must be one of these rare beasts that doesn't like these tail tidys, other than the Daedalus/fancy bike thing, the others to my eye look terrible.
Am with you on that thought.
The OE tail is not the best, but to my sight some of the truncated alternatives detract from the overall design of the bike.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

·
Registered
189 Posts
Suspension/Cylinder head guards/Seat/Hugger (would have avoided this, but it stops the muck splattering)/Cymarc crud catcher (same as the "Hugger" comment)/Headlight bulb/front fork guards

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
If anyone is going for a tail tidy on the UGS, I think the one used by @Cropduster is the pick of the bunch and integrates far better with the look of the bike than a tron LED type. Stock mirrors gave me a great view of my shoulders and looked bleedin' awful so were replaced with bar ends.

·
Super Moderator
504 Posts
My first mod was Oberon bar end mirrors, which I consider a great addition for me personally because I couldn't see anything out of the stock mirrors. My favorite mod to date is the pairing of the Daedalus Classic Tail Tidy to the non-OEM Dkdesign tail hump.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Am with you on that thought.
The OE tail is not the best, but to my sight some of the truncated alternatives detract from the overall design of the bike.

Echoing Dave's sentiment i.e. from the lot, Cropduster's bike has the tail tidy that most closely integrates with the design lines of the bike .... IMO. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I’m interested in hearing about your first and/ or favorite modification or addition?
I replaced my rear turn signals with 9T front turn signals I found on Ebay. I also moved them back near the tail light with a bracket fabricated out of bent aluminum.
The main reason for doing this was to allow my RevPack tourpack to overhang the rear rack without hitting the signals. I think it greatly improves the look and cost nothing near what a tail tidy cost. Wiring was also easy. I disassembled my rear stalks and the front stalks I used (1 screw and some clips); reassembled with the longer wire from the rear in the front and it was just connect and go (well, there was a lot of cutting of cable ties that BMW installed at the factory to get the wires to go where I needed). Overall, easy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I love to ride in the cool air of the night (and sleep all day) sometimes it’s hard to be seen. People often mistake your single headlight as a street lamp or porch light ..... until I flash them with a couple trigger squeezes. That stops people from pulling out in front of me more often than I can count. That’s my favorite mod, so far....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oooh! Be careful of that! I, and a lot of others, flash the light to say "Go ahead!". That could be a dangerous thing to do!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts