BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks all for the contributions to the thread and adding pics.

I’m seeing so many great additions and ideas across the forum. Some seem so smart it makes me wonder why manufacturers don’t offer many as options?

Finally had my 20 Pure delivered yesterday and now that I’ve had some time with it, I’m truly impressed and happy. My first NEW, anything.. and I’m pleased with the choice.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Oooh! Be careful of that! I, and a lot of others, flash the light to say "Go ahead!". That could be a dangerous thing to do!
I appreciate that Ron, but down here in Texas people are much more likely to pull out in front of you if they don’t see you coming. People here tend to interpret flashing lights the way Europeans see it, like Germans on the autobahn. It says, “I’m here and I’m coming around you, be aware”. I’ve stopped literally dozens of people entering traffic dead in their tracks both in broad daylight and especially at night. No one, no one has continued out in front of me as though I were flagging them on. The thought is appreciated Ron and frankly I do prepare to stop very quickly in case they pull out anyway but that’s yet to happen. More often they hit the brakes hard and I see by their expressions as I drive by they know they just averted an accident because they neglected to take a good look first. It’s usually a small smile, a wave and nod or mouthing, “I’m sorry” I hope it’s a wake up call and some other riders benefit from their experience. Again thanks for the thought. StayUpOn2

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I'm not sure what my favourite mod is, but I definitely love the Unit Garage exhaust...

And I'm really happy with the newly fitted Sargent pod (unlike others on here, i think it properly suits the lines of the bike)...

I have countless other mods and farkles on the bike, but these are the ones that make a real visual impact.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I purchased Ohlins suspension parts front and rear, Wunderlich Daytona fairing, and a Booster Plug. Only other mod was removing the flapper valve and the steering damper.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Hey, I’m interested in hearing about your first and/ or favorite modification or addition?
Absolute best was putting decent suspension on the bike. But the best bang for the buck and second best overall was putting lower and narrower bars on it - went from agony in my upper back after an hour to riding all day in comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
R9t Pure
7 Posts
I haven't done any mods yet, I just picked up my pure last week but the first thing I ordered was the two brothers slip on can (was between that and the unit garage which looks better in my opinion but prefer the two brothers sound) and planning to replace the stock as a first mod along with a flapperectomy.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I haven't done any mods yet, I just picked up my pure last week but the first thing I ordered was the two brothers slip on can (was between that and the unit garage which looks better in my opinion but prefer the two brothers sound) and planning to replace the stock as a first mod along with a flapperectomy.
Don’t forget your servo buddy to avoid warning lights on the dash board. StayUpOn2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi HazWaz, I've got the Two Bros slip on, if it's noise you want then you wont be disappointed. It is LOUD, ended up too loud for me so went back and ordered the DB Killer. Looks great though : )

·
Registered
R9t Pure
7 Posts
Hi HazWaz, I've got the Two Bros slip on, if it's noise you want then you wont be disappointed. It is LOUD, ended up too loud for me so went back and ordered the DB Killer. Looks great though : )
Damn ya wanted a bit louder but not too loud I guess will see once installed I actually didn't realize it comes without the dB killer until after I ordered it. I'm mainly after the gurgles when I downshift do you get any of those with the flapper removed (or not removed)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damn ya wanted a bit louder but not too loud I guess will see once installed I actually didn't realize it comes without the dB killer until after I ordered it. I'm mainly after the gurgles when I downshift do you get any of those with the flapper removed (or not removed)?
I removed the flapper long before I got the slip on. I really didn't like the look of the double OEM at all. The 2bros sounds great and you may love it, just too loud for my liking

·
Registered
56 Posts
My favourite mods:

Aesthetics - Tail tidy and bar-end indicators
Handling - Hyperpro rear shock and front fork spring upgrade
Sound - flapper and db killer removal (stock Akra's)

I also love the Hyperpro steering damper, Healtech Quickshifter, Lithium battery and Renthal handlebar :cool:

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
14 Posts
Hi All.
My favorite mood upgrade by order:

The first I change was the rear set for a Gilles Toolling, then the two engine covers to the originals but in black, followed by tail conversion to Wunderlich six days with led light and rizoma side arm for the plate, then the mirrors to a moto gadget café, the handlebar to a Magura X-Line sx black and the last, for now, the Magura HC3 golden Clutch and brake.
My next steps it will be change the rear shock to a ohlins, the front fork to a black ohlins as the stear bumper. Next I will touch the performance parts, power commander and quick shift and air filter. I love all the rest. Maybe the seat, but I only like one “handmade”, and I think it will be very difficult to get it.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts