BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time rider and BMW R NineT Pure owner. I am instantly in love with riding "two wheeled therapy". I am so thankful my plans to get a Svartpilen 401 fell through. I literally love everything about this R NineT Pure, Except the limited single gauge information. I may be hooked on this bike forever! I did Order a Pro Race Shorty GP exhaust because a few screws snapped when I was removing them to take out the exhaust silencer baffles which I was super sad about. now my exhaust tips look jimmy rigged.. Ugh. But I think the new exhaust will look super clean anyway so hopefully a win.

· Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi and welcome. Good colour choice. Single gauge is no problem. Gives you more time to enjoy the ride. (y)
No biased view point whatsoever. LOL. Yes and the color in pictures does not do it justice! I almost didnt even look at the bike due to the dealer low quality pictures. Walked in, Saw it and purchased it the same day. I am 100% Satisfied with my choice. I prefer the look of the single gauge so I may one day upgrade to the digital gauge I saw on another thread. But for now my money is going into other things like exhaust to make it a little obnoxious.

· Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love your attitude, and your articulation but I gotta warn you that I got in trouble using the word obnoxious on this forum ..so be careful … seems some of our more sensitive riders were upset with my choice of words but then never had time to get back to me about … well what ever it was that was bothering them in the first place …. I can’t remember right now so it must have been epic. ………… Blitz
That is a strange word to be targeted for. It bleeped out a word I tried to use when I first posted it. Obviously I can’t say what it is because it is censored. So strange the times we live in. But man oh man am I happy to spend my time on my R nineT without a care in the world, and the companionship of the boxer!!!

· Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don’t want to make it crazy loud. All the rest of the exhaust is stock. Just changing the muffler tip mostly to clean up the look because I’m not a fan of the huge dual tips on the side. Also had issues with the bolts on the cover plate when removing the silencer baffles and now it looks bad. And I can’t have a bad looking r nineT. I understand how exhaust flow and back pressure work and you both make valid points. I have nowhere near the skills to need the full free flow exhaust. Just the tip… lol.

· Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’m not certain of your exhaust set up but when I first got my bike in 2015 they were stock and looked OK. (1st pict) Then I cut the rivets off the ends of the muffler, removed everything inside (gutted them) replaced the caps and re-riveted them (the black spots) and they sounded much better and looked this way (see 1st pict)…. This was before I removed the Db killers altogether. I just removed the plate (painted it black) and screwed it back on with out the tubes shown. …. A bit louder but really very little …. Next pict is no muffler and single pipe set up …. Straight out ! Much louder but suites my riding style. Quiet enough if I want it that way but can bark if I need it in traffic, and I often do. Total investment to go straight out … about $50. BUT check your state regulations, I’m in Texas and there are no rules. GodBlessTexas …………………Blitz

View attachment 159942

For a brief time I simply removed everything behind the CAT and attached a cheap chrome tip from an automobile parts house … just to see how loud it could get … I loved the difference it sounded from stock and knew if this is as loud as it gets I can certainly run straight out tail pipes … that’s when I went all the way and cut the headers completely away as solo pipes, none of this crap about two into one sh*t so BMW doesn’t have to provide two CAT converters and then switch back from one pipe to two pipes bullsh*t ……. it sounded amazing and I was totally happy with it too but I wanted down low twin straight pipes …. That’s what’s on the last pict ……
View attachment 159943

Looks the same way on the other side too …… DownDirtyCool …… and loud as hell when I want it to be !
View attachment 159946

………. and that’s just three iterations of tail pipes, or lack there of. The choices are endless @MulletEagle
Pick you flavor ……. ……….. ………….. Blitz
That’s the exhaust I have on mine. If I don’t like the sound of the exhaust I ordered I will definitely try gutting it and redoing the plate bolts so they match. Thanks for the options my guy!

· Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Enjoy the ride. That is a beautiful bike. I rode a HD for many years and never missed the tach... you can feel when you need to shift, and when you're pushing the engine, but it's nice to have. I do love the rack that you have on your tank, @BlitzSchnell. Care to share? What does it mount on to?
Agreed. I have no problems shifting and don’t really need the tach. But being a new rider I would just appreciate a gear indicator so that I can get better at downshifting and would like to not look stupid trying to shift into an extra gear I don’t have. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts