BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
I think you may have missed the words "useable power" in my response. Granted if he was riding the bike at the upper rev ranges then the loud aftermarket exhausts come into play, however in day to day scenario's and rev ranges he's actually losing power, i.e. below 5,000rpm. They are a very loud bike as standard, however, that was not the main point of my initial response, I was really trying to adress the lousy harsh View attachment 159929 standard suspension, changing that makes the bike far sportier, more confidence inspiring, safer and comfortable. I am under the impression that MulletRider is new to motorcycling and perhaps a little green as to what makes the bike "better". If I am correct in my assumption that he is a novice, I'd strongly suggest he invests in a copy of. Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist 11 and perhaps a copy of Lee Park's Total Control, get some milage and then go for the look at me exhaust! Safe riding to all.:cool:
Absolutely Vagueout ! The true short fall in the 9T has always been suspension … and your reading suggestions are now on my list to explore, thanks. Cheers ……………. Blitz ✌🏻😎

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don’t want to make it crazy loud. All the rest of the exhaust is stock. Just changing the muffler tip mostly to clean up the look because I’m not a fan of the huge dual tips on the side. Also had issues with the bolts on the cover plate when removing the silencer baffles and now it looks bad. And I can’t have a bad looking r nineT. I understand how exhaust flow and back pressure work and you both make valid points. I have nowhere near the skills to need the full free flow exhaust. Just the tip… lol.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
I don’t want to make it crazy loud. All the rest of the exhaust is stock. Just changing the muffler tip mostly to clean up the look because I’m not a fan of the huge dual tips on the side. Also had issues with the bolts on the cover plate when removing the silencer baffles and now it looks bad. And I can’t have a bad looking r nineT. I understand how exhaust flow and back pressure work and you both make valid points. I have nowhere near the skills to need the full free flow exhaust. Just the tip… lol.
I’m not certain of your exhaust set up but when I first got my bike in 2015 they were stock and looked OK. (1st pict) Then I cut the rivets off the ends of the muffler, removed everything inside (gutted them) replaced the caps and re-riveted them (the black spots) and they sounded much better and looked this way (see 1st pict)…. This was before I removed the Db killers altogether. I just removed the plate (painted it black) and screwed it back on with out the tubes shown. …. A bit louder but really very little …. Next pict is no muffler and single pipe set up …. Straight out ! Much louder but suites my riding style. Quiet enough if I want it that way but can bark if I need it in traffic, and I often do. Total investment to go straight out … about $50. BUT check your state regulations, I’m in Texas and there are no rules. GodBlessTexas …………………Blitz

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank

For a brief time I simply removed everything behind the CAT and attached a cheap chrome tip from an automobile parts house … just to see how loud it could get … I loved the difference it sounded from stock and knew if this is as loud as it gets I can certainly run straight out tail pipes … that’s when I went all the way and cut the headers completely away as solo pipes, none of this crap about two into one sh*t so BMW doesn’t have to provide two CAT converters and then switch back from one pipe to two pipes bullsh*t ……. it sounded amazing and I was totally happy with it too but I wanted down low twin straight pipes …. That’s what’s on the last pict ……
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Looks the same way on the other side too …… DownDirtyCool …… and loud as hell when I want it to be !
Wheel Tire Water Vehicle Automotive tire

………. and that’s just three iterations of tail pipes, or lack there of. The choices are endless @MulletEagle
Pick you flavor ……. ……….. ………….. Blitz

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’m not certain of your exhaust set up but when I first got my bike in 2015 they were stock and looked OK. (1st pict) Then I cut the rivets off the ends of the muffler, removed everything inside (gutted them) replaced the caps and re-riveted them (the black spots) and they sounded much better and looked this way (see 1st pict)…. This was before I removed the Db killers altogether. I just removed the plate (painted it black) and screwed it back on with out the tubes shown. …. A bit louder but really very little …. Next pict is no muffler and single pipe set up …. Straight out ! Much louder but suites my riding style. Quiet enough if I want it that way but can bark if I need it in traffic, and I often do. Total investment to go straight out … about $50. BUT check your state regulations, I’m in Texas and there are no rules. GodBlessTexas …………………Blitz

View attachment 159942

For a brief time I simply removed everything behind the CAT and attached a cheap chrome tip from an automobile parts house … just to see how loud it could get … I loved the difference it sounded from stock and knew if this is as loud as it gets I can certainly run straight out tail pipes … that’s when I went all the way and cut the headers completely away as solo pipes, none of this crap about two into one sh*t so BMW doesn’t have to provide two CAT converters and then switch back from one pipe to two pipes bullsh*t ……. it sounded amazing and I was totally happy with it too but I wanted down low twin straight pipes …. That’s what’s on the last pict ……
View attachment 159943

Looks the same way on the other side too …… DownDirtyCool …… and loud as hell when I want it to be !
View attachment 159946

………. and that’s just three iterations of tail pipes, or lack there of. The choices are endless @MulletEagle
Pick you flavor ……. ……….. ………….. Blitz
That’s the exhaust I have on mine. If I don’t like the sound of the exhaust I ordered I will definitely try gutting it and redoing the plate bolts so they match. Thanks for the options my guy!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts