BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saving for one of these since they became available, and, now we're in a new year I finally got one.
The box arrived from Nippy Normans and was opened carefully. Inside the bubble sheet hid a selection of German steel.

Laying the bits out it all looked easy to fit. So..

After reading the instructions I started, removing the left footrest plate revealed the location for the first bolt and the left mounting plate was installed. The cross brace was then installed.

Around the bike and the right footrest plate was removed, and rested over the rear footrest. The rear brake master cylinder and lever remain attached to the plate so..

The right mounting plate was then bolted to the cross bar, and the 'anti twist' bracket mounting position located. Here the instructions are a little vague. You need to remove the engine bolt to the right of the oil drain plug. I re-used the original, although the pack includes a replacement, as I found it easier to get in and tighten.

Leaving the stay loose The bottom bracket bolt was inserted, then the new long screw through the footrest plate and everything on the right tightened up.

It was at this point that the gap between the brackets proved to narrow for the stand to slide in. So the left side bolts were loosened and then the stand slid into the correct position. Once in everything was tightened up and the springs attached. The smaller spring is easy to attached and was first on, then the main spring.

Done, and only 2 hours work. As the photos show, I don't have a workshop or large drive, in fact the area I work in is only 1.5x3m in size, so if I can fit a stand in this area it should be easy in a larger space.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,638 Posts
Fantastic work! Thanks for putting this together. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't lie, it's not that easy when you first try. But practice is making it easier as I'm learning the best position.

I use the pannier frame, keep a straight back, push down with my leg as I lift with my arm and it comes over easy.

I am looking at a lifting handle for when the panniers are on and if I get one I'll update.

Also ,for information, I'm only 5' 8" tall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of the criticisms of the Wunderlich stand for the 9T is that it needs a pretty hefty heave to get the bike on it using the H&B rack to assist. Having just fitted a new rear shock with a 15mm lift it is considerably easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts