BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ended up going the new ohlins route as finding good forks at the time was hard. I looked for maybe 6 months. You should be able to find mint calipers for around $200. That's what I paid with shipping. Yes you will need need brake pads. Brake lines don't need to be replaced. You will also need an axle, I paid like $100. New front bearings and cover. If you can't find a used triple trees I would suggest buying from over seas. I bought from kfm-motorraeder.de and saved a couple hundred off the cost vs a US dealer and saved on taxes too. Total on new triple trees were $675.
Thanks Hollywood, what axel am I looking to purchase? the s1000 one?
I will be using my spoked r9t wheels.
Thanks for the link for the triple three, much appreciated!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi Nervous,

I don’t have this kind of money for the pair of forks! But I found fork internals for just 150€. Cartridges are from a 2014 S1000R, now I am not sure how great a solution they would be?
Well, I can understand that but none of this is inexpensive work. And my final net change over was probably in the $300 range which is a pretty reasonable cost for the upgrade, using a fully proven method. Trial and error is noble and those that follow will be grateful but may not end up the most cost effective if that’s the primary driver.

I think I read here that the internals are not compatible to swap but I look forward to your findings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
+1 on what @Karamazov says.

There's been some discussion skirting this subject (I had wondered if S1000RR internals would fit the stock forks) but no one to my knowledge has done a fork transplant from the RR.... A few riders have used Ohlins forks and report great improvement. For me I doubt that I would spend that much money so your route should be lower cost and perhaps offer a significant improvement in front end stability and dive.

Will be extremely interested to see how this works out. The 9T is a bit heavier so wonering if that'll have much impact on the springing or damping of the 1000RR forks.

Please keep us posted! :)
Hi. I've looked for a solution like that and the conclusion is that the "transplant" is not possible. You need the complete set of forks, this is, the tubes.

At this exactly moment, my R nine t is under "surgery". Installing new adjustable forks.

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Pure
151 Posts
No not so far mate.
  • Ive purchased the forks and calipers.
  • ive been told the triple tree can be machined out to accept the diameter of the s1000 forks in leu of replacing them.
  • Im not clear on what front axel i need though, s1000?
Are you sure that there is sufficient amount of material in the fork clamps?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Do the forks measure the same length? That may have already been asked/mentioned and I simply missed it.

·
Registered
2021 Pure
7 Posts
Bump from the dead.

I just purchased a set of S1000RR front forks, it comes with a lower and upper Triple tree clamp. I have the 2021 R9T Pure, I am wondering if I can reuse the S1000RR upper and lower triple clamps, or do I have to purchase R9T Classic Triple Tree clamps? Thank you

·
Registered
471 Posts
Bump from the dead.

I just purchased a set of S1000RR front forks, it comes with a lower and upper Triple tree clamp. I have the 2021 R9T Pure, I am wondering if I can reuse the triple clamps, or do I have to purchase R9T Classic Triple Tree clamps? Thank you
I think there’s discussion of that in this thread and while some have done this successfully I don’t think it’s that straightforward or easy with the Pure, as it would be with the Classic. Curious what you find.

·
Registered
2021 Pure
7 Posts
I think there’s discussion of that in this thread and while some have done this successfully I don’t think it’s that straightforward or easy with the Pure, as it would be with the Classic. Curious what you find.
Sorry I wasn't clear. The S1000RR front forks came with lower and upper triple tree clamps. My main concern is if I can reuse the S1000RR TT clamps or do I have to purchase the TT clamps from the classic model.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear. The S1000RR front forks came with lower and upper triple tree clamps. My main concern is if I can reuse the S1000RR TT clamps or do I have to purchase the TT clamps from the classic model.
I got that. Have you already established if either is a compatible replacement and fit for the Pure? How about the wheel, axle, speed sensor and ring, brakes and rotors?

·
Registered
2021 Pure
7 Posts
I got that. Have you already established if either is a compatible replacement and fit for the Pure? How about the wheel, axle, speed sensor and ring, brakes and rotors?
Not yet, I have not received the S1000RR front forks yet. I will have to purchase S1000RR axle bolts/calipers / brake pads. I can reuse the wheels/ rotors and slight modifications for the abs sensor location.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts