BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R NineT 2021 (Black Storm Metallic, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Headlight, Option 719 Classic Wheels)
36 Posts
Do UG say whether their headers will work with the standard Akra end can? I'd assume so (if it's anything like all the aftermarket headers for previous models)

edit: ignore that, serves me right for not reading earlier posts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man, pull the trigger. You’ll be happy you did. I’m not sure about the part number, but UG only sells two sets of headers for this bike, one in stainless steel and one in titanium. I went with the SS version.

Do you live in Germany? is it street legal in Germany?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thought I’d do a quick post on this since I’m sure it’ll come up more and more as the ‘21s start hitting the road.

Simply replacing the flapper w a link pipe isn’t really an option on the new bikes since it is welded into the pipe now on the Cat side. There is also a third O2 sensor in the Cat on the Euro5 bikes that needs to be dealt with too.
To the best of my knowledge, Unit Garage has the only option currently for solving this problem and it is, as they said, “quite simple”!
Unfortunately it requires a whole new exhaust and header system but it’s totally worth it IMO!

The third sensor now goes in the flapper delete link pipe and appears to completely solve the problem. I have a few hundred miles on mine and so far no error codes or issues.
I left the flapper servo connected and on the bike but just removed the cables from it.
Admins if this is too redundant to my last post regarding system install then go ahead and remove it but I thought it helpful to provide as much info as possible. This mod is a game changer on the Euro5 bikes!!

View attachment 142788

Can you please make a Video with the Sound? Does it Sound like the Euro3 or 4 Models?

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
732 Posts
i do live in germany and i very much doubt it's legal to remove the cat. most everything is illegal here.
Does that mean you need to change things for any vehicle inspections?
FYI UK has annual inspection once any vehicle is over 3 years old.
Exhaust cat or emissions are not tested - only cars are tested for this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i do live in germany and i very much doubt it's legal to remove the cat. most everything is illegal here.

Ok thank you good to know;) I live in Switzerland and the laws are pretty much the same as in Germany.
Have you ever had problems with the police about the manifold? and how did you manage to get admission. I think the Euro 5 can have a maximum of 86 dB.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Ok thank you good to know;) I live in Switzerland and the laws are pretty much the same as in Germany.
Have you ever had problems with the police about the manifold? and how did you manage to get admission. I think the Euro 5 can have a maximum of 86 dB.
I have never had a problem, and I've been running catless exhausts with race-only cans on multiple bikes for years here. Of course, if I ever get stopped by a cop who feels like being a hard-ass about such silly rules, they could impound my bike and force me to change it back. But I don't care -- someone has to teach these people about freedom and civil disobedience.

·
Registered
2021 Rninet Pure Mineral Gray Metallic
14 Posts
Worth noting that you could just disconnect the cables from the exhaust valve and it is designed to fail open. So it will stay fully open and that is a lot better than nothing. I did it. Used the servo buddy, eliminating the servo and no fault codes. No issues, better sound and performance in my opinion…

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler and 2020 1250 GSA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Worth noting that you could just disconnect the cables from the exhaust valve and it is designed to fail open. So it will stay fully open and that is a lot better than nothing. I did it. Used the servo buddy, eliminating the servo and no fault codes. No issues, better sound and performance in my opinion…
I don’t understand why anyone would use the Servo buddy when all u need to do is disconnect the cables from the servo and let it be. No codes, no errors and the bike thinks it’s still stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
do you have the euro 5 Model?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t understand why anyone would use the Servo buddy when all u need to do is disconnect the cables from the servo and let it be. No codes, no errors and the bike thinks it’s still stock.
I guess you could do that as well, I just didn't wanna have the servo in there anymore. Matter of taste..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you send the link to the products you used for this mod?
Servo Buddy BMW 2010-2021Part Number422757
I took all the cables out and the servo. With the servo buddy installed no fault codes detected with the GS911. The Whole process took 10 minutes. Just unscrew the servo from the bike, unplug the electric connector. Connect the servo buddy and secure with zip tie. Remove the 2 screws on the plastic cover located on the exhaust end of the mechanical servo cables. Detached them from the valve and reinstall cover back on. Ready to go. The valve is spring loaded to the fully open position.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Servo Buddy BMW 2010-2021Part Number422757
I took all the cables out and the servo. With the servo buddy installed no fault codes detected with the GS911. The Whole process took 10 minutes. Just unscrew the servo from the bike, unplug the electric connector. Connect the servo buddy and secure with zip tie. Remove the 2 screws on the plastic cover located on the exhaust end of the mechanical servo cables. Detached them from the valve and reinstall cover back on. Ready to go. The valve is spring loaded to the fully open position.

perfect 👏👌👍

21 - 36 of 36 Posts