BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
New to the forum as I have just got myself a Scrambler and was wondering if anyone had tried to fit foot protectors to their NineT?
I have had them on my R1200R and it has worked magic protecting feet from front wheel spray in the rain.
There are now two models from Wunderlich but they are not specifically made for the NineT so the question is has anyone tried to adapt them to their bike.

I attach two pics illustrating the accessories.
Thanks - Alexis

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reached out to their customer service and they said they do not have it specifically for the NineT.
It attaches to the frame and then to some bolt on the cylinder head and the positioning is different on the various Rs. This is where I think it may be tricky and I was wondering if anyone tried it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just thought I would give an update for those interested.
They actually mount fine with little fiddling (longest spacer needs to be used on the left side with a 40mm bolt - not provided) and the look is pretty fine.
The left side could do with the little metal extender that comes in the kit for the right side so that the angle is the same on both sides but other than that it is OK.
Cheers - Silaxe

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks so much for the info and followup. I know how pesky the rain spray can be. One issue: lean angle limitations? And how likely are these to withstand a drop on or offroad?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi RogueRacer,
Sorry I did not pick up the outstanding question.
No issue with angle limitation.
And if you drop your bike on road (I have done it on my previous bike, an R1200R) there is no issue with the protectors. Off road if the surface is uneven, i believe it would likely receive some beating. That being said the whole thing flexes a bit so it should be able to withstand reasonably.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts