BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Looking for some LED-mounting clamps to fit onto the front fork I needed to check the diameter of the fork legs. Handbook says 46mm diameter, steel ruler say more like 2", = 50mm. Which is correct? Could be either or neither, not both! TIA..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
46mm I think is the dia. of the fork stanchions. The chrome tubes at the bottom.

Thanks, Shane. You may well be right there - that would never have occurred to me! But a bit confusing, innit?:rolleyes: Anyway, I have ordered 50mm (2") tube-clamps...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,377 Posts
The gold section on the Classic models is 55mm diameter.
I looked everywhere for clamps to mount indicators, and the only decent looking ones were from Free Spirits.
An earlier reply: Screen Mount

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
The gold section on the Classic models is 55mm diameter.
I looked everywhere for clamps to mount indicators, and the only decent looking ones were from Free Spirits.
An earlier reply: Screen Mount

Thanks - but my judgement was that the dia is ~50mm, not that I have a micrometer or even a pair of calipers to measure with great accuracy! But I hope that 50mm is correct, for I have ordered clamps to suit (@$14.99 a pair). I shall advise when they arrive.

LATER EDIT - I made-up a kind of crude pair of calipers, which were OK for this but problee wouldn't suit the engineers at BMW Motorrad! But it confirmed that you are indeed correct, My Capitain, that the fork diameter is 55mm. It may not be necessary to modify the ordered clamps to suit, for I see on checking my order that they accept a 49 - 54mm diameter mount (the front fork legs)! Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts