BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you guys for all the replies. I think indeed I do need to give it a few more weeks before making any decisions. Riding her back from her first service she felt much better, unfortunately I didn't get to speak with the service manager to see if he adjusted the settings at all, but she did feel better on the ride home (I'm lucky that the Malibu canyons are between me and my dealer.)

For the photo reference, yall made some great observations and it made me realize that the reason I'm probably more comfortable is because the older bike is similar to my dirt riding position (which I've been doing for 20 years.) I've been adjusting my riding style and trying a bit of sportier position on the new bike.

Agreed @Estancio it's hard to go back given the power difference 😂 looks like my poor R75 will be sitting until I can afford some upgrades to make her a bit more spirited.

I'll give it to the end of February before I make any changes.
List of mods:
Ohlins Steering Dampener
Ohlins Fork Cartridges
Ohlins BM652 Rear Shock

Handlebars are something I hadn't put too much thought into, but I'll definitely look into it. A guy I know runs clip ons which I'd be curious to try. I think my R75s bar are lower than my 9t as well.

All said thank you again fellas appreciate the wealth of knowledge here and I'll definitely make a proper post introducing myself in the next few days. Hope to see yall out on the road!
Hey Mercenary,
If your interested in clips I have a set that we’re on my machine when I bought it in 2016. The bike had 500 miles on it and these clips. I hated them. It was the first thing I changed. I went back to the stock bars and later put them on a riser as well. Much better for an old man like me. Here are the details. It’s been so long since I took them off, after I cleaned off the dust yesterday I noticed that each bar had a 1/8” hole in it and I don’t remember why. The hole is far to small to effect the bar integrity but I’m not sure it is stock. They may have been put there by the previous owner probably to set or anchor what ever was on the bar so it wouldn’t move, ie. brake/clutch. Anyway other than that ..there in excellent shape. Considering what they cost new ($450+) and it’s something your going to try out not sure yet if you’ll like them I’ll sell them to you for $200 plus shipping if you’re interested. Let me know and we can PM all the pertinent information back and forth plus some Picts too, so I can show you the details I spoke about. I’m sure also that you’ll soon be looking at rear set pegs and hardware as well because you’ll end up lying down on the bike in true TT cafe style posture, so be aware this change will be elaborate if you choose this path. They are Rizoma brand Ma050 1522085 Black and Silver ...... StayUpOn2 Blitz

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
I noticed that each bar had a 1/8” hole in it and I don’t remember why. The hole is far to small to effect the bar integrity but I’m not sure it is stock. They may have been put there by the previous owner probably to set or anchor what ever was on the bar so it wouldn’t move, ie. brake/clutch.
Just so as to help with the sale. The small hole is to secure the controls/grip assembly to the bike. Without the hole the grips and controls won't be anchored. A small screw passes through the hole. They may have been added by the manufacturer, or possibly by whoever fitted the clip-ons. The stock bars have this hole too. I had to drill my Rizoma bars when I fitted them to my bike. So what this means for any potential buyer is that the hard work has already been done to the bars, it's simply a matter of fitting them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so as to help with the sale. The small hole is to secure the controls/grip assembly to the bike. Without the hole the grips and controls won't be anchored. A small screw passes through the hole.They may have been added by the manufacturer, or possibly by whoever fitted the clip-ons. The stock bars have this hole too. I had to drill my Rizoma bars when I fitted them to my bike. So what this means for any potential buyer is that the hard work has already been done to the bars, it's simply a matter of fitting them.
Dave you are amazing, thanks my friend. It had been so many years ago I didn’t remember seeing those holes. You’re a gentleman Sir and I appreciate your time. I refitted the stock bars the same day I got home from the dealership and they must have been drilled to, it’s a really vague memory. I rode back to the dealership the next day and bought more farkels, he gave me a big box with all the original stock hardware that came off the bike. Nice guy, it was over 3K bucks of stuff. I never thought of selling any of it till I read that thread. I don’t need the money, I just wanted to accommodate a fellow rider. Sorry about not knowing the rules again but I’m learning. Again thanks for your help and patience. I finally understand what “FS” means too. Blitz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts