BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I had to replace the plastic fuel connectors on the pump as one had split and bought those metal one which were recommended on the forum. Great product by the way! But now it’s back together the fuel pump is no longer priming or running. It worked a week ago when it was spraying fuel everywhere and now nothing.

With the wire connectors going into it I’m guess that the 2 wire plug is for the fuel level sender and the 3 wire plug is for the pump.

When the ignition and kill switch are on I’m getting

0.24V from blue & green
0V from brown
3.66V from blue & red

now is the pump getting power or what have I done wrong???

·
Registered
21 R9T
73 Posts
On the off chance it might be the connections aren't flowing, and the pump is protecting itself from running dry. You could check if the connectors are allowing fuel to flow. At very least disconnect and reconnect, this will cost nothing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check your work first! Make sure you have not crossed up the fuel lines going to and from the tank and make sure you have fully inserted the fuel pump and gauge wire connectors in they're sockets. I have done the back track a few times and found the wire connectors were not fully inserted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok well and got annoyed, disconnected the battery then went had a drink.
I came back to it to put the seat back on in order to put it on a truck to BMW the next day and I tried it one last time and it fired up.
No idea what I did or if anything I did actually helped.

thanks for the ideas and help tho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts