BMW NineT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the same G&G Stealth catless exhaust,looks great!Looking forward to receiving it.
I‘m wondering if it's possible to make it a little shorter to show the whole rear wheel,the two pipes can be cut a little and move the can forward,any suggestion?
There really isn't much play... I'm guessing you can possibly pull it in a centimeter or so. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Finally installed the G&G exhaust,looks great,sounds louder than akrapovic I used before,generally speaking,it's perfectly compatible with the bike.

As for shortening the pipes,I did a 2cm sawing off and found that‘s too much,the two pipes could not completely go into the box due to the bent position. Rneilt was correct,it can't be much moved. So I had them welded to get a better airtightness and strength. Anyway I’m glad I made it 2cm shorter......Hah

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
For those that have purchased from G&G in the past, how were they to deal with?

I'm asking because after an initial email, they responded within a day or so.
I placed an order, got an email confirmation and waited.
All good.:)

Now it's not like I'm in any rush (it's -20ºC outside) but I had a follow up question and also asked about the expected timeline.
It's been 8 weeks now, two emails and I haven't heard a word from them about anything. :(

Is this kind of standard operating procedure with G&G, does anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Finally installed the G&G exhaust,looks great,sounds louder than akrapovic I used before,generally speaking,it's perfectly compatible with the bike.

As for shortening the pipes,I did a 2cm sawing off and found that‘s too much,the two pipes could not completely go into the box due to the bent position. Rneilt was correct,it can't be much moved. So I had them welded to get a better airtightness and strength. Anyway I’m glad I made it 2cm shorter......Hah

Looks bad-a$$ Samuel,

Isn’t the rear tyre soaking heat, when parked after a spirited ride?

·
Administrator
12,389 Posts
Looks great! Any chance of a sound clip?

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those that have purchased from G&G in the past, how were they to deal with?

I'm asking because after an initial email, they responded within a day or so.
I placed an order, got an email confirmation and waited.
All good.:)

Now it's not like I'm in any rush (it's -20ºC outside) but I had a follow up question and also asked about the expected timeline.
It's been 8 weeks now, two emails and I haven't heard a word from them about anything. :(

Is this kind of standard operating procedure with G&G, does anyone have any insight?
Stay calm :) You can chat with them through there website, good guys and BUSY :)

Love my pipe, yep I waited also few weeks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks Murph68! :)

I don't mind the wait just the radio silence.
It makes me nervous when the clock is running down on lodging a complaint with PayPal or Credit Card and I get zero response from a company.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks Murph68! :)

I don't mind the wait just the radio silence.
It makes me nervous when the clock is running down on lodging a complaint with PayPal or Credit Card and I get zero response from a company.

Have faith in them, I ordered before they went and got so popular and at the time it was a 6 week wait, the exhaust showed up 2 weeks earlier than expected. I hadn't heard a word from them but they will send it out. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them, great shop, amazing products, and just all around high quality.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quick question to those with the G&G can (not full hidden exhaust)... how does your left boot heel hold up? The stock twin Akra can tends to burn my boot a bit if I'm not careful about foot placement. My only concern about this can is how wide it looks right around the heel area. Any insight based on riding experience would be much appreciated.

Currently thinking about taking the plunge. One of the better sounding cans ...based on my super scientific YouTube research :( While the Unit Garage & Sparks are my first choice, this one is the right price & seems to give Comp Werx a run for their money.

·
Registered
248 Posts
not at all, you can see the end opening of the exhaust leaning outside.

Tx Samuel, I see... it would be just fine while driving.

The question is, when you park, does the hot can/side pipes transfer the heat to the tyre, because of the close proximity?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tx Samuel, I see... it would be just fine while driving.

The question is, when you park, does the hot can/side pipes transfer the heat to the tyre, because of the close proximity?
The can and side pipes are not very hot even while the engine is running, don't worry about it, I can put my hand on it after riding.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Saw this clips on You Tube university as my interest was peaked from this thread. Had seen it before but yet to have heard it. Sounds pretty tame at idol.

https://youtu.be/0s98bi91gx8
That's one of the things that drew me to it; I think I'm done with aggressively loud exhausts.

That, the open wheel and being able to ditch the sub frame and flapper without any additional purchases, except maybe a Servo Buddy.
Should make for a considerable weight loss, and keep what there is, waaay down low. :)

I just hope it's not too loud in person for my liking. :hope:

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's one of the things that drew me to it; I think I'm done with aggressively loud exhausts.

That, the open wheel and being able to ditch the sub frame and flapper without any additional purchases, except maybe a Servo Buddy.
Should make for a considerable weight loss, and keep what there is, waaay down low. :)

I just hope it's not too loud in person for my liking. :hope:
Definitely not too loud. If you ride with a Harley Friend, you will only hear his tractor (like I do sometimes)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just a small update; I finally did hear back from G&G. :smile:

Exactly as Murph68 and 2Shoes said, they are super busy!

My expected delivery is now in the 16 weeks range from order date.

So FYI for anyone that's interested, order early and expect to wait. :shipwrecked:

81 - 100 of 137 Posts