BMW NineT Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi guys, i'm considering buying the GP stealth exhaust system and was wondering if those of you with them have them with or without a CAT? Will the sound be much muted with the Cat - i like the idea of running a Cat for environmental reasons and also to avoid any legal issues. It's between this or the Unit Garage High Pipe (quite a bit cheaper - approx $1400aud landed vs $2500 for G&G) - but from what little footage is available online the Unit G sounds far less bassy and more like a single cyclinder dirt bike - but maybe that's just the video's.

So Cat or no Cat for nice, slightly louder than stock, sound with good bass?

Cheers, Dom

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw someone insinuated said that an aftermarket exhaust decreases engine braking in an old post? Its this true? one more reason to get an exhaust for me if so. I would like to decrease engine braking. is this true for just a full system or slip on also?

Will the bike run more lean too? makes sense as there is more airflow. I hate how the bike stutters and almost stalls but I added a booster plug and it runs great. I saw this review so its got me concerned about deleting the butterfly and installing exhaust
Removing the floppy is EZ but you more than likely already drilled out the baffels spot welds to remove them too. Pretty soon you begin to realize the bike still wants to stall and coughs at exactly 199 degrees. Go ahead and add the "booster plug". Taking off the floppy/baffle can cause lean condition the booster makes the computer give a tiny bit more gas to the mixture making the bike feel smoother.

·
Registered
2019 R Nine T
60 Posts
Recently purchased a brand new 2018 Scrambler from a BMW dealer and have decided to change out the exhaust. The first day I removed the db killers from the factory Akropovic exhaust and it sounds ok. Does anyone have first hand experience with G&G exhaust? I have ordered the Stealth model. It takes a few months for them to build one. Just looking for any additional information or experiences.

Derek

·
Registered
2014 R NineT Classic
73 Posts
I had a G&G Stealth full exhaust, in black, on my 2017 Blue Planet Metallic. However, I crashed a few weeks ago. Upon getting it home I was able to salvage the muffler section (the headers were no good).
I just acquired a 2014 Classic this week and G&G is currently shipping a new set of headers to use with my used muffler.

I’m happy to answer any and all questions.

·
Registered
2019 R Nine T
60 Posts
Thank you for replying, hope you were ok after the crash. Did you find the exhaust too loud? I know its a relative question but just looking for some personal feedback

·
Registered
2014 R NineT Classic
73 Posts
It was relatively quiet. In fact, it’s quieter than the stock Akrapovic with the baffle removed. What’s nice about the G&G is that it also has baffles. With the baffles removed, via one bolt per baffle, it’s louder than the Alrapovic with the baffles removed. I hope that gives a little more insight.

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT
32 Posts
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if there's a way to buy the G&G GP Stealth exhaust without the headers?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if there's a way to buy the G&G GP Stealth exhaust without the headers?

Hi Frank, it's Michiel @ GeGShop.nl. Yes, you can order the muffler separately, but you'd have to modify your stock header or build custom headers to fit our exhaust. We've had to design specific new headers for our exhaust, to keep the sleek lines.

·
Registered
2014 R NineT Classic
73 Posts
I actually have the black muffler section!

I have a spare muffler section! The headers were bent after a tip-over, but the muffler was untouched. A local shop quoted me $150 to weld the muffler to the stock headers.

Lmk if you’re interested. I’ll be posting it up on the Sale section sometime this week.

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT
32 Posts

I have a spare muffler section! The headers were bent after a tip-over, but the muffler was untouched. A local shop quoted me $150 to weld the muffler to the stock headers.

Lmk if you’re interested. I’ll be posting it up on the Sale section sometime this week.
I'm definitely interested. I'll send you a PM

·
Registered
69 Posts

Chrissalexx - did this muffler end up selling?

121 - 137 of 137 Posts