BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the gearbox drain bolt please?

Reason is....I'm looking to source a replacement gearbox drain bolt which has a magnet fitted, as I intend to substitute the OE magnetic filler plug with a non-magnetic window type filler plug........but for peace of mind I want to keep a magnetic plug to pull any potential metal fillings out of the gearbox oil.

If anyone knows the drain plug thread dimensions, or better still, who makes or where to obtain a magnetic gearbox drain plug, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi, Does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the gearbox drain bolt please?

Reason is....I'm looking to source a replacement gearbox drain bolt which has a magnet fitted, as I intend to substitute the OE magnetic filler plug with a non-magnetic window type filler plug........but for peace of mind I want to keep a magnetic plug to pull any potential metal fillings out of the gearbox oil.

If anyone knows the drain plug thread dimensions, or better still, who makes or where to obtain a magnetic gearbox drain plug, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.
Beemerboneyard sells them Transmission Drain Plugs

·
Administrator
12,190 Posts
Have you tried Motorworks? Can't see it on their website but it might be worth a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts