BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think we can use a thread like this to show some good will to fellow riders. A couple of very kind gestures recently from other rider towards me reminded me how important it is to pay it forward.
If you have something motorcycle related that you think someone else could use, or would be better served not sitting in your garage post up here to give it away. You can ask for face value shipping cost if you wish. Please post up Dibs in the forum first then send a PM if you would like to claim something.

The only thing better than selling some stuff you don't need is to give it away as a good will gesture to fellow riders. :)

I'll start by giving the BMW special tool to adjust the steering head on the NineT I no longer need.
I would prefer it goes to someone who is in fact doing their own maintenance and will certainly use it.
Shipping included in the USA or Canada.

·
Administrator
11,917 Posts
This is a great idea!!!!!! I would say the "D" word here but I probably wouldn't use it. I'll have a look in my garage tomorrow and see if I have anything worth giving away :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marc - Australia

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dibs, it's DIBS!
First Dibs goes to Marc. :)

I guess you could say bagsy!

To folks not familiar with our good ole 'mercian slang, that means you call first in line!

It's all yours Marc, I know you'll use it.

Who's next with something you can live without?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I may want to borrow that Marc, lol
No worries, I think I owe you that!

Just checked Australia Post... sending it to your shop is $10.55 for a next day delivery, east coast to west coast... I can sneak that amount past my wife's budget calculations easily... DEAL. Let me know when you need it!

>:)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Alright, I'm next: Clubman Handlebars for NineT (from Buell 1125CR)

This is such a good idea of you @Lost Rider.

When I bought the ABMs off @Kris two weeks ago he decided to put in the Rizoma hole covers for free because no one wanted them.

I thought that was a great generous gesture... and so is Lost's post here...

Then there is @jigsaw whom decided to take my post in his rebuilt thread 'seriously' making a second number-plate holder without any further questions.

I believe it just reflects on the type of people we correspond with on a daily basis here in this forum without ever having met... well, except @BaldyDave and I ;)

To show my appreciation for such a nice gestures I would like to keep the ball rolling by giving away my BUELL Clubman Handlebars for NineT. They are literally collecting dust and with the ABMs installed I won't be using them ever again.

These bars originally come from a Buell 1125CR. They are 1-1/8" in the center and have 7/8" ends and therefore fit the NineT perfectly.

I had them installed so the holes for the controls are drilled!

The only thing I'd like to ask for is the shipping cost. You can go to the Australia Post page and get an estimate. The Box is 78cm x 15cm x 20 cm was something like 1.5KG.

For example shipping to the US with 'Pack and Track International' will be AUD$49, even across Australia to the West coast will be AUD$32.

If you are up for an extreme riding position or just want to try them send me a PM.

Here are some photos from when I installed them:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great post! Will for sure use it once I get my rninet delivered.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cash is good too!

Just kidding, you have at least a few months to buy a bunch of crap that you end up not wanting then you can join in. Ask Kara... ;)
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Euro Taillight Resistor

I've mentioned elsewhere, but here seems like a good place to post a reminder. For U.S. owners who've converted to the Euro Taillight and don't have the necessary resistor - I have a bag of them and am happy to send one to ya if you cover the shipping.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
To throw in - I have (i think i do anyhow LOL) a few SS Winged bolts to secure the seat/hump down. I only need one for my own but it came as 3. So..... there should be a few more somewhere in the mess that i call garage and my wife calls "All that F*(ing junk all over the place"

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
SOL.... eh, GIVEN AWAY :)

... The Clubmans are not available anymore...

...show my appreciation for such a nice gestures I would like to keep the ball rolling by giving away my BUELL Clubman Handlebars for NineT.
Done and on their way to @ZR1TR.

:D

He promised to post a picture and if he doesn't like them to forward the bars to another forum member! :nerd:

0:)

·
Administrator
11,917 Posts
... The Clubmans are not available anymore...

Done and on their way to @ZR1TR.

:D

He promised to post a picture and if he doesn't like them to forward the bars to another forum member! :nerd:

0:)
Good man!

I did something similar with a set of power resistors to cure hyper flashing. I never needed them so passed them on for free to another forum member....

A little bit of good will goes a long way at times. :)

1 - 20 of 151 Posts