BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No. Definitely dont sound the same, and aren't the same. I'll admit, a 360 degree twin isnt the most exciting source to work with, but the UGS definitely has a smile inducing snarl to it in comparison to the stock Racer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No. Definitely dont sound the same, and aren't the same. I'll admit, a 360 degree twin isnt the most exciting source to work with, but the UGS definitely has a smile inducing snarl to it in comparison to the stock Racer.
That’s really interesting. I thought the Pure, UGS and Racer had the same tail pipe and I assume all models across the entire lineup including heritage have the same exact headers... so I wonder why a UGS sounds different than the Racer and Pure out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
But yes, a 360 flat twin isn’t the best starting point. Hahaha. The UGS def makes an addictive noise when wide open with the throttle and it’s frankly very surprising how it’s Euro 4 compliant. But compared to my old L Twin, it def sounds pretty flatulent if not distinct. If I’m being perfectly honest I think most V and Parallel and L twins sound better regardless of firing order but the UGS makes me smile when I’m riding it and crack the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts