BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Harold McGrruther, but friends and family have called me McGoo for five decades. I’m the co-founder and product manager at Biltwell Inc., a small motorcycle riding gear and hard parts maker based in SoCal. Before launching Biltwell in 2006, my business partner and riding buddy Bill were the creative team at a micro design and advertising agency called Revolution for 20+ years.

My roots are off-road, MX and bicycles mostly, and my current 2-wheeled quiver includes a 2001 Sportster street tracker and a 2016 DRZ400SM in 21/18 wheels with Conti 70/30 DOT knobbies and all the usual mods and farkles.

I fell in love with BMW’s R9T when they introduced it five years ago, and had the pleasure of meeting its designer at a motorcycle show in Portland, OR 4 years ago (sorry, his name escapes me, but I was flattered to know he thinks Biltwell helmets are cool).

I’m here to learn more about the bike I’m buying next week: a 2018 R9T Pure with spoke wheels (gotta love those $2k discounts—thanks, BMW)

Anyway, glad to be here, and looking forward to picking your brains.

·
Administrator
12,035 Posts
Welcome McGoo, great to have you on the forum.

I'm sure you'll love the Pure. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome here Mc Goo!! This forum is a gold mine of product reviews, modifications ideas and also great way to spend cash on your bikes :)

PS: I love the brand you created and the gears you produce!! I have a Bonanza I had custom hand painted and I cannot wait to ride it when moving to SoCal

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Hi, my name is Harold McGrruther, but friends and family have called me McGoo for five decades. I’m the co-founder and product manager at Biltwell Inc., a small motorcycle riding gear and hard parts maker based in SoCal. Before launching Biltwell in 2006, my business partner and riding buddy Bill were the creative team at a micro design and advertising agency called Revolution for 20+ years.

My roots are off-road, MX and bicycles mostly, and my current 2-wheeled quiver includes a 2001 Sportster street tracker and a 2016 DRZ400SM in 21/18 wheels with Conti 70/30 DOT knobbies and all the usual mods and farkles.

I fell in love with BMW’s R9T when they introduced it five years ago, and had the pleasure of meeting its designer at a motorcycle show in Portland, OR 4 years ago (sorry, his name escapes me, but I was flattered to know he thinks Biltwell helmets are cool).

I’m here to learn more about the bike I’m buying next week: a 2018 R9T Pure with spoke wheels (gotta love those $2k discounts—thanks, BMW)

Anyway, glad to be here, and looking forward to picking your brains.

Welcome! I haven't had the pleasure to use Biltwell products, but several of my American friends tell me you have great design and are truly built well.

I look forward to hearing what you do with your R9T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 63601

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Welcome Harold
You will find plenty here to learn about your new ride, especially when you get to the farkle part.
One of my current helmets is a ****** S with checkers. The dealer I bought the Racer from, gave it to me as a present.

The designer you refer to may be Ola Stengard.

Enjoy your new ride and send pictures when you are able.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Good choice McGoo! Congrats - many safe km's. Welcome here.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,312 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts