BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW RNineT 2015 Ducati Diavel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a high quality, heavy duty sling bag or backpack that can accommodate a 15" MacBook Pro?

Anything I've used in the past seems to rip due to weight I think. I'm not looking to go across the continent, just something that would suffice for the commute.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Backpacks suck for riding, IME.

I used this for the last few years here in the PNW for my daily commute and touring:

Really solid saddlebag for the price, especially compared to the competition (SW Motech, Mosko, $600 + mount, etc). I didn't use it with a saddlebag bar/bracket, added a little bit of patina to my swing arm, no big deal. Used it for several years. Fits my MBP within it's carrying bag I have, along with room for a sweater. The small pouch is perfect for a small air compressor, tools and plug kit.

Zip tied the straps together under the seat.

Only gave it up because I made a top case from a pelican case. Otherwise I use a backpack by Topo Designs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,186 Posts
I've been using The North Face backpacks for a few years (one for my music gear and one for commuting) and they've held up very well. I keep a waterproof dry sack in my office in case I need to take my laptop home with me but it looks like rain outside for my commute home. I'll just put the laptop and anything else I don't want getting wet in the dry sack, and the dry sack in the backpack.

Also, in the past I've had Swiss Gear (by Wenger) backpacks, which held up great. I don't know if the quality is the same now as it was years ago when I bought their bags, but like I said they were great.

Many of the companies that make motorcycle luggage also make backpacks, some of which are waterproof, or more aerodynamic, or more boxy so they can double as a tailbag.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Away from MC manufactures I can really suggest a "Crumpler" bag.
Have 3 different useful bags for other things and the quality is great!

Chronicler Messenger Bag

"LIFETIME WARRANTY
Your brand new Crumpler is guaranteed against defects in materials and craftsmanship for the lifetime of the bag."

·
Registered
2013 R1200GSA 2021 Urban GS 2014 Moto Guzzi 1400 Touring
144 Posts
511 tactical has a military grade Rush back pack with a padded laptop pocket, hydration pocket and enough of other features to keep your gear secure. They are about $100. I use it for everything. Excellent piece of kit.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
3,013 Posts
Can anyone recommend a high quality, heavy duty sling bag or backpack that can accommodate a 15" MacBook Pro?

Anything I've used in the past seems to rip due to weight I think. I'm not looking to go across the continent, just something that would suffice for the commute.
Take a look at the Unit Garage Messenger Bag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts