BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R9T Racer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2018 racer, and I've recently fitted one of the LEDperf headlight units to my bike.

I'd like to be able to swap the headlights over a little easier than pulling the bezel and replacing the actual reflector - aside from the roland sands style bezels, does anyone know if its possible to buy the stock - or a similar - bezel at all?

All the stuff I can find is the entire reflector unit - which is a little overkill :)

Thanks for any suggestions
Dale

·
Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
481 Posts
BMW doesn't sell just the bezel by itself. If you damage yours or just want a spare you can either buy the whole assembly from BMW or try to find someone selling just the bezel somewhere.

·
Registered
101 Posts
dang you weren't kidding, I thought for sure you could buy it separate but you can't for the 2014-2020 models as the diagram listed below displays (#1 shows that the reflector and bezel are a single item with only one part number)

You're best option is to look for a used one given the info above. For 2021 there is a part number for the separate bezel which is 63129898692 , but it's meant to mate with the 2021 OEM led headlight and bucket. I went to a dealer to look at the 2021 headlight, and while the bucket and the headlight itself is very different to the 2014-2020, the bezel looks to be the same, however I cannot be 100% certain as I have no clue how the inside looks. Only real test is to order the part from a place that accepts returns in case it's different.

·
Registered
2018 R9T Racer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Gents,

Thanks for the replies - indeed starman - I was as shocked as you are when I realized you couldnt buy it as a solo part from BMW.

However, it looks like Chris managed to find one! Much appreciated, I will update with regards to quality.

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts