BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else considers the poor quality nut and bolt washer sub standard or indeed as others have stripped the threads , I've just replaced mine with a 20mm M4 Allen bolt and a T weld nut off eBay. Had to Dremel one end of the flange on the nut to make it fit but it only took a minute to sort.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
If anyone else considers the poor quality nut and bolt washer sub standard or indeed as others have stripped the threads , I've just replaced mine with a 20mm M4 Allen bolt and a T weld nut off eBay. Had to Dremel one end of the flange on the nut to make it fit but it only took a minute to sort.
Amazing! I pulled my headlight off yesterday and found the retaining mechanism to be broken. I was going to JB weld it, but this is genius. Time to go order this from McMaster before my earlier order ships for the day...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I changed my broken headlight yesterday and finally realized that the nut was damaged !!! Impossible to screw everything back...two hours from the MOT . Found a spare one in my spare box but have to say that 1-this system is awful 2-the nut and screw are very poor quality.

So...thanks for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts