BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Group, I have a 2020 9T. The heated grips work great.....however, they will not shut off. Before I start tearing this apart, I thought I'd throw it out to the group. Ideas? I searched the forum but didn't find anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hello Group, I have a 2020 9T. The heated grips work great.....however, they will not shut off. Before I start tearing this apart, I thought I'd throw it out to the group. Ideas? I searched the forum but didn't find anything. Thanks.
Take it back to the dealership where you bought it as long as it’s still under warranty. Call them tell them your coming in and that you need to ride it home today ....

·
Registered
BMW R nine t Standard 2020
9 Posts

Have you solved the problem?
my r9t standard has the same problem...
TVM

Gio

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer has ordered parts. Be a week or so before they come in. Looks like a bad switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thank you very much! I'm so upset with the BMW dealer of Waterloo, they deliver me my brand-new motorcycle with this problem and when I complained the mechanic told me that's probably not that bad, according to him I should have tried to use the motorcycle to see if it would have fixed by itself... I went back to the dealer that didn't even apologise and that said they would take back the motorcycle, fix the problem and deliver it back to me...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is too bad. I am fortunate that my dealer is top notch. BMW of S.E. Michigan. Mike in parts/service is great. In addition to the heated grip switch, I have a problem with the fuel gauge. They have that part on order as well. Hope to get it fixed by the time the weather breaks. The bike is a brand new 2020 /5. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is too bad. I am fortunate that my dealer is top notch. BMW of S.E. Michigan. Mike in parts/service is great. In addition to the heated grip switch, I have a problem with the fuel gauge. They have that part on order as well. Hope to get it fixed by the time the weather breaks. The bike is a brand new 2020 /5. Best of luck to you.

Hi Herbie, may I ask you a favour?
May you please post a short video in which you show how do they work now properly? I mean a video of the display where a spot popup when, you push once, then two when you push twice and then what happen when you push it the third time...

Many thanks in advance,

Gio

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Hi Herbie, may I ask you a favour?
May you please post a short video in which you show how do they work now properly? I mean a video of the display where a spot popup when, you push once, then two when you push twice and then what happen when you push it the third time...

Many thanks in advance,

Gio
If it helps, Gio, the grip symbol should disappear from the display on the third push.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it helps, Gio, the grip symbol should disappear from the display on the third push.
Hi guys, I solved the problem (there were no problem...), my explanation at the following link:

Cheers,

Gio

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi guys, I solved the problem (there were no problem...), my explanation at the following link:

That's a link back to this thread?
I think this is the post with the answer : hello from Belgium

Glad to hear there's no issue (apart from the person giving you wrong information)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a problem with the fuel gauge.
There is no fuel "gauge" per se, there's just a sort of reserve sensor. Once the reserve sensor triggers the bike counts up miles driven until you either I guess buy gas or run out! There's no miles to empty indicator like on every other modern vehicle, even though the system gives you your average and instantaneous fuel consumption and miles driven, the engineers apparently didn't want to do the math to compute miles to empty...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts