BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Ohh. I'm sorry! You were talking about the bars ! WD 40 works wonders . I guess you figured it out by now.
Just tap the other end gently and wiggle it out.

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
54 Posts
Hi there,

I will install tomorrow the AC Schnitzer Superbike conversion on my Racer, lets see how that works out. The instructions state that I should lift (release pressure off) the front wheel to take off the upper triple tree. Is that really necessary? On my other bikes the upper one came off easy without lifting. Any experience?

Tom

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi there,

I will install tomorrow the AC Schnitzer Superbike conversion on my Racer, lets see how that works out. The instructions state that I should lift (release pressure off) the front wheel to take off the upper triple tree. Is that really necessary? On my other bikes the upper one came off easy without lifting. Any experience?

Tom
Yes, it’s absolutely necessary. If not you risk damaging the stem! It’s all aluminium and if you damage the threads you will be in big trouble.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, it’s absolutely necessary. If not you risk damaging the stem! It’s all aluminium and if you damage the threads you will be in big trouble.
Is it ok to lift the bike on a front fork stand to do this? This will lift the front wheel in the air but still have tension on the forks so I’d assume not?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is it ok to lift the bike on a front fork stand to do this? This will lift the front wheel in the air but still have tension on the forks so I’d assume not?
Hey, that wouldn’t help you, might actually make it worse. You really need to pick up the bike by the center. It doesn’t need to get the front wheel off the ground. Just unload the weight on the fork

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Been reading thru this thread. I find it very helpfull. Thank. You. Now I think I need to do some upgrades with the suspension of my Racer .
I only weigh 140 lbs at most . I plan to ride it on longer trips mow that I have a helibar riser installed.
Any opinions are welcome. Thank you once again.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Hi there,

Tom
I didnt know this option was available. How is it riding with them?
I found that the helibars made riding more comfortable, but it totally took away the essence of a Cafe.
Im having my brother make me bars that will be in between the Helis and stock.
Thanks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts