BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
R 9 T scrambler
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exited to join this forum.

Originally from Namibia, where I started riding a 1150GSA, then converted to the Dark Side (there is NO substitute for the GRIN-factor, right!?), - eventually ended up with a bunch of Vespas when I settled in the Cape. Life was just ok. And so it went for a number of years.

Until I saw the very first R nineT promo (where the BMW Motorrad guys rolled the bikes out of a shed) some years ago, and so I started to dream again, of a boxer …

I have recently acquired my dream bike, “der Panzer” (named so by the first owner), - a beautiful R NineT scrambler. I am smitten, to say the least. Everything about this bike warms me up.

Now missioning through stacks of threads & and pics; - mods, options, advice, name it …, it’s got to be somewhere on this forum right!?

I would like to get my scrammy the Urban look (high fender & and built-up/flat seat), get some soft luggage on the r-side (leaving the beautiful twin akras exposed), and looking into a screen (I find the Unit garage quite attractive).

Ride safe,
Anthonie

Clarens drive edging False Bay; a beautiful road, blessed with twisties galore, and spectacular scenery
Tire Wheel Water Sky Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

curiosity (NOT) killing the cat

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
R9teees
479 Posts

Originally from Namibia, where I started riding a 1150GSA, then converted to the Dark Side (there is NO substitute for the GRIN-factor, right!?), - eventually ended up with a bunch of Vespas when I settled in the Cape. Life was just ok. And so it went for a number of years.

Until I saw the very first R nineT promo (where the BMW Motorrad guys rolled the bikes out of a shed) some years ago, and so I started to dream again, of a boxer …

I have recently acquired my dream bike, “der Panzer” (named so by the first owner), - a beautiful R NineT scrambler. I am smitten, to say the least. Everything about this bike warms me up.

Now missioning through stacks of threads & and pics; - mods, options, advice, name it …, it’s got to be somewhere on this forum right!?

I would like to get my scrammy the Urban look (high fender & and built-up/flat seat), get some soft luggage on the r-side (leaving the beautiful twin akras exposed), and looking into a screen (I find the Unit garage quite attractive).

Ride safe,
Anthonie

Clarens drive edging False Bay; a beautiful road, blessed with twisties galore, and spectacular scenery
View attachment 149185

View attachment 149186

View attachment 149187
That’s an unusual choice for a side case!!! . I was lucky enough to ride S Africa and a bit of Namibia for a month. They loved me so much I had a stadium named after me in Pretoria. Beautiful riding and wonderful people.

Welcome to the fourm.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,662 Posts
Congratulations on your Scrambler and welcome to the forum from Ohio, USA! :)

Thanks for sharing those great photos, too -- especially the one with the cat!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,958 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋

Reactions: Anthonie

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts

Ride safe,
Anthonie

View attachment 149185

View attachment 149186

View attachment 149187
WOW …. I love the cat … I had an old Kawa 500 with carpet glued to the tank and my Siamese Cat would ride on it with me everywhere ..…
Beautiful machine Mate …. HaveFun—GoFast—StayUpOn2 …….Blitz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts