BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time BMW owner. 2015 Model Year. Can't wait to receive delivery and to ride it this spring for the first time once the winter weather breaks. Have always wanted one of these since they came out. One of my dream bikes. Obtaining one has finally been made a reality after 6 years of waiting.

·
Administrator
11,926 Posts
Great to have you onboard! Welcome! :)

Reactions: MMarinelli1028

·
Premium Member
2017 Classic
225 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
219 Posts
Welcome to the forum from fellow Michigander, Houghton Lake for me but currently in Florida riding the hell out of my classic. There has only been a couple days since November that you couldn't ride:) What model is yours?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,203 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum from fellow Michigander, Houghton Lake for me but currently in Florida riding the hell out of my classic. There has only been a couple days since November that you couldn't ride:) What model is yours?
Honestly I'm not sure, there are so many of them now. I think there was only one in 2015, isn't there? The black and aluminum colored one you always see in pictures that came out in 2013 or 2014 originally. Give me time. I'll learn.

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine is a 2017 Scrambler with a bit of my stink (mods) on it. Here it is The Ohio Scrambler Build Thread but I haven't updated the post with it's current state. I picked it up brand new from the BMW Plymouth dealer with .06 on it. I haven't ran across any R Nine T variants around here other than up in Ann Arbor, Ypsi and around Oakland county. The Ton Up in Ypsi is a must if they run it this year, last year it was cancelled. I get out a ton on my bike including commuting as much as I can and any time ya want to get out, just look me up.

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet. That would be cool. I will definitely do that. I think we need more of these in this area. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered on Monday. Bad time of the year though obviously in this part of the country to go riding. Hopefully the weather will change in a few months. I have my 2016 Triumph Thruxton 900 to keep me company too in the meantime. Another one of my favorites. Looking forward to meeting you and getting some riding time in this spring & summer.

Your bike is awesome. Just looked at all of the pics of it. I love it. Mine has some factory and aftermarket add ons. Nothing quite as custom as yours though. Looks great!

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep. Your welcome. Will do as far as the pics are concerned. Had to sell my 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 to get this. It was the same deal with me in getting to a good point to aquire the necessary funds to be comfortable with the purchase. Took me 5 years to get there. Hopefully I won't miss the Kawi too much. Sold it to my brother in law & nephew. Hopefully they will let me come and visit it from time to time if they don't flip it right away. Which knowing them, more than likely, they will do. Ha Ha.

I do know of one other 9T in the area, just not sure exactly where the guy lives. It's one of those newer /5 blue anniversary editions. Love the color on those. A guy that I used to work with owns it. I saw him on it as a spectator last fall at a local car show I was at. He is retired now, and we worked in different departments, so I don't think he would have remembered me even if I went up and tried to talk to him because we never really knew each other very well to begin with.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I saw 2 of those along with a classic at the Ton Up Motorcycle and Music Festival in Ypsi 2019, never met the owners though.
edit: they were the 719 blue editions not the current 5 blue editions, man gotta dig up pics, now I'm confused!

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw 2 of those along with a classic at the Ton Up Motorcycle and Music Festival in Ypsi 2019, never met the owners though.
edit: they were the 719 blue editions not the current 5 blue editions, man gotta dig up pics, now I'm confused!
Yeah, those aren't as nice looking in my mind.

·
Registered
2015 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Agreed. Yeah, me too usually. It's my stress relief, and usually with things going on at work, and sometimes in my personal life, I need it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts