BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Only been on the forum a short while and broke protocol already by not introducing myself. Sorry admin team!

I'm located in the south of England and bought my NineT in October last year. Its the standard model and has the 21 colour scheme on it, which is actually what attracted me to the bike.

Its a bit of a double edged sword being able to own this bike, sadly my mother passed away last year and I came into some money from her estate. I felt she'd want me to do something fun with it, so I blew the lot on this bike and feel its a nice memory of her to have sitting in my garage. I wish I could show it to her, but I know she'd approve...as long as I ride it sensibly of course 馃槅

The bike is an ex demonstrator from Vines BMW and is the one I rode when looking at these sort of bikes. Seemed the planets aligned for me to own this bike, so I bought it. I absolutely love the bike, find it plenty fast enough and it always surprises me on how good the top end is on it even though most of the time I use that large capacity twin torque to grunt out of the corners, but she likes to be reved.

BMW knocked it out the park with the styling on the bike which I'm sure you'll all agree on, its definitely one of those bikes you look back at when you've parked it up and people can't help but stare at it. Feel good factor. Handling for me is confidence inspiring as well in the corners, much more so than my SV650 was and doesn't do my back in like that bike did. Hope to go on some weekends away with it and rack the miles up.

Plans for the bike are to keep a relatively OE look to it with some nice touches. Its already had a tail tidy, tarty number plate (starts with R9T naturally), bar risers, Motorrad paniers (btw, if you do buy the official paniers, don't think you'll be getting GS levels of storage! Long weekend at best if you pack light). Will be getting some option 719 club sport billet reservoir covers, carbon cylinder head protectors and snorkel. Be about it I think.

All the best.

Mark.

Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing that great intro and photo of your gorgeous R9T. There aren't enough of them around in that "21" paint scheme!

Sorry to hear about your mother's passing, but perhaps you can smile in memory of her each time you head out for a ride. :)

Premium Member
Welcome mate, many safe miles!

Reactions: Wardy916

Administrator
What a great intro, Mark! Welcome to the forum, mate! :)

Super Moderator
2014 Classic
Hi again and welcome to the forum. 馃憢
Thanks for the great intro!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome.
Lovely looking bike and like the planned upgrades.
BTW - nothing wrong with a "tarty" license plate :)
Couldn't quite get the plate I wanted, but at least it started with R9T lol. I think a better seat ought to be an upgrade as well, did 120 miles yesterday and my arse was complaining.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts