BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. Glad that I found the forum, i'm in Boise Idaho USA. I just bought a pre-owned R9T about a month ago, moving up from a 900 Triumph Thruxton. R9T is a 2015 standard with about 2,000 miles on it in pristine stock condition. I've put about 100 miles on it. I don't wrench, don't really customize, but I love to ride and have been riding the DGR for last 2 years on the Thrux. Thrux is now for sale on facebook and craigslist, 2008 with only 5,300 miles on it in fantastic shape, let me know if you know anyone who is interested. My first bike was an 82 Yamaha 650 Special way back in 86, seems like a lifetime ago....guess it was.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome

Guy around the corner has a Thruxton Ace edition. Last year for The air cooled, 900.
I tried sitting on one , but way to forward for my old back.. Nice build quality from Triumph.

Hope you enjoy your R9T.

Sad to say I just came in from shoveling our first snowfall here in NJ.
Have to face the music that my riding season looks like it's over till next year.

If you do any work on your car, I encourage you to try some of the maintenance yourself.
A lot of info on DIY forum, uTube as well.
Honestly the R9T is one of the easier bikes to work on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the 900 is still air cooled even now,- it is the 1200 that they switched to water. I was watching them pretty closely because I was between the R9T and the 1200 thruxton for a next bike. I got the BMW because it was a really good deal. If you didn't like his thruxton you'd probably really hate mine as it has the clip on's instead of the cafe bars that they moved to a little later for better positioning. It took me 1/2 a season to keep my arms from going to sleep even on short rides, but once you figure out it is a great 30-40 mile bike. Anything longer and forget it. My 9t is all factory except it has a riser on the bars. Going from the Triumph to the BMW with the upright ergonomics is like moving from stadium bench bleachers to a couch. not to mention how fun it is going from 60 to 110 horses.... not to mention the tork... so fun!

Been watching your weather back there, looks like it is getting hairy. Stay frosty.

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Hi again and welcome to the forum. 👋

·
Registered
194 Posts
Belko,
I hope you get to go on longer rides than Thruxton 30-40 miles.
I take my R9T Pure out on rather ambitious day rides, typically 150 - 250 miles. The furthest trip was 400 miles R/T one day to Vermont from norther NJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts