BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just picked up a 2014 R NineT with 4,000 miles, found it in Seattle and had it shipped down here. Loving it so far.

Came with some Rizoma goodies, such as the Rear Sets and Clip Ons, and a few other little cosmetic and protection items. The other big highlight for me was the full Akrapovic Titanium exhaust.

Pretty happy with where the bike is at as a whole, but I do think I want to go back to the stock bars for my frame, as much as I love the look of the clip ons and it being quite fun in the twisty stuff.

I have the stock bar but am missing the stock upper/lower clamps to put it on. What would be the best source for those? Little pricey new from what I saw.

Here are some pictures of it in Seattle:

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Delivery day down in Los Angeles:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Seat hump wasn't secured properly by the previous owner, so ejected itself on the first ride unfortunately. I took the leather side bags off.

I live at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains so the canyons here is primarily where it will be ridden. Bike has been super fun so far, the motor really is something special.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Fuel tank

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Beyond the handlebars I'm planning to do all fluids/tires to baseline it, and then enjoy it for a while before doing too much else. I suspect suspension will also be at some point in its future though. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

- Jeremy

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Ofcourse we read all of it, looked over all the Picts too and approve of all of it. Beautiful machine. I do have a question. Is that Alpine Tiger in the delivery van yours as well ? I drove a 1965 my freshman year in high school, that was quite a car in those days, surprised a lot people. I won a lot of drag races out in front of Keller’s Drive-In on a Friday night in that car. Welcome to the forum Amigo. Glad you joined in, lots to learn here, plenty of help to be had. BeWell and StayUpOn2 often. ………..Blitz

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,581 Posts
Congrats on that great looking R9T and welcome to the forum from Ohio! :)

Also, thanks for sharing a great introduction and nice photos!

·
Registered
2014 R NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words everyone, seems like a great community here and excited to be a part of it.

·
Registered
2014 R NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ofcourse we read all of it, looked over all the Picts too and approve of all of it. Beautiful machine. I do have a question. Is that Alpine Tiger in the delivery van yours as well ? I drove a 1965 my freshman year in high school, that was quite a car in those days, surprised a lot people. I won a lot of drag races out in front of Keller’s Drive-In on a Friday night in that car. Welcome to the forum Amigo. Glad you joined in, lots to learn here, plenty of help to be had. BeWell and StayUpOn2 often. ………..Blitz
Just the bike was mine in that delivery truck, but the Alpine Tiger was beautiful and matched the bike well! I don't know a ton about the Tigers admittedly but they are certainly cool, thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
12,778 Posts
Nice to have you here, welcome! :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,875 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋
That looks like a well sorted nineT you picked up, good choice!

·
Registered
2014 R NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the continued warm welcome.

Dropped the bike off at ADV MotoTech in Glendale for fluids/tires. I had seen a local ad for an R NineT that was VERY heavily modified by them and on a whim reached out to see if they had any stock handlebar clamps sitting around. Luckily they did, and I was really impressed by how helpful they were over the phone and wanted to give them some business too.

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

They are doing full fluids on the bike as I didn't get records with it, although most were claimed to have been done. They were able to do Pirelli Supercorsa SP for a price competitive enough I couldn't say no, so will have some sticky rubber on there for the canyons.

Snagged a pitbull stand, and will be doing the handlebar swap myself when I get it back, then I'm excited to put some worry free miles on it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts