BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Racers are certainly purty. Being discontinued only makes them more desirable.
Hi Wolfhaus, I only "discovered" R9T Racer a few weeks ago. Never seen the real one until I got one for myself, only watched Youtube videos of them. She looks much better in real life!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I go to The Higher Ground Cafe when I'm looking for a few hours to kill on a short ride so I'll probably bump into you there sometime. Most of the time I'm either up in Kawartha Lakes or east of Peterborough riding the trails.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi KR, Racer owner as well. Not sure of yer age, but my 1st mod was the bars. I love the clip-ons, but I can't go 2 hours on those things! Check out the Heli-bars for the R9T. Gives you about 2-3in of height off the triple clamp and makes for a really nice position fer yer back. Then pipe....
Hi A Drain! My kids are out of the house.... so I am old I guess. I am coming from Roadracing, Superbike... so the riding position of Racer does not bother me much. No intention to do any long ride, only 1 to max 2 hrs at a time. I will be a casual rider. Yes, I will do the pipe. I had a Zard system on my Ducati Sport Classic. So, looking at getting the full Zard system... but still researching. Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Congrats on your Racer and welcome to the forum from Ohio! :) Nice pic of your new bike, too! (y)
Thanks TimC! Thanks for the compliment. I love taking a picture of this bike. I will continue to find some unique looks of the Racer.... that would be the only thing I can do during freezing Canadian winter...lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I go to The Higher Ground Cafe when I'm looking for a few hours to kill on a short ride so I'll probably bump into you there sometime. Most of the time I'm either up in Kawartha Lakes or east of Peterborough riding the trails.
Yes, that is a nice cafe. I have not been to the Kawartha Lake area yet but love to explore more of Ontario next year. See you at the cafe next spring!

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
408 Posts
Thanks TimC! Thanks for the compliment. I love taking a picture of this bike. I will continue to find some unique looks of the Racer.... that would be the only thing I can do during freezing Canadian winter...lol
I hear ya on the winter thing. I bought my new Pure three months ago and have held off on most mods I want to do just so I can spend some time with the bike in the garage this winter installing my farkles. Plus it will give me something to occupy some of my free time. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I hear ya on the winter thing. I bought my new Pure three months ago and have held off on most mods I want to do just so I can spend some time with the bike in the garage this winter installing my farkles. Plus it will give me something to occupy some of my free time. :)
Over the weekend we had a dump of snow... The riding season is officially over... now maintenance/mods season starts! I am afraid I missed some critical cut off of ordering some parts... oh well, I can still polish one spoke a day to kill time...lol

21 - 31 of 31 Posts