BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just did two 250 mile rides with my new Arai XD4, it was very comfy, don't see myself buying non-arai helmets from here out. I removed the peak immediately of course.

Only complaint was my right ear ached after about 4 hours of usage, but I broke the cartilage when I was young and have a little bit of weirdness with it's shape. Otherwise felt like I was wearing a very expensive pillow on my head.

·
Registered
2020 BMW R Nine T Option 719
31 Posts
It depends on what kind of riding you do and your bike? Than the shape of your head? The next important thing is how much money are you willing to spend.
You say your head is priceless, than I don't think you should be riding...
I use AGV K1 reasonably priced easy to use, well made.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
58 Posts
Just did two 250 mile rides with my new Arai XD4, it was very comfy, don't see myself buying non-arai helmets from here out. I removed the peak immediately of course.

Only complaint was my right ear ached after about 4 hours of usage, but I broke the cartilage when I was young and have a little bit of weirdness with it's shape. Otherwise felt like I was wearing a very expensive pillow on my head.
ive recently bought that lid, and love it. Miles better than my previous shoei nxr. I love the peak, as there is little wind noise below 60mph and it is brilliant for giving sun protection.
it’s all about the fit though, mines just broken in but it was painful for the first few hundred miles.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts