BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW Scrambler
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey NineTOwners,

I was looking for a nice pair of locking saddlebags for my 2019 BMW Scrambler. I went back and forth on soft versus hard luggage, but I really just wanted to be able to lock my stuff and walk away from the bike a while. I settled on the Hepco & Becker Buffalo Leather Bag Set (#620230) and they are absolutely gorgeous on the scrambler. I paired these with the C-Bow holder and the luggage rack from Hepco and Becker as well. Its not possible to have a passenger on the bike when these are attached but without them there is more than enough clearance around the c-bow holders for a passenger if you needed it. Also, I had to swap my front turn signals and my back turn signals to allow for clearance on the bags. I thought about after market signals but it turns out you can just swap the fronts and backs and everything fits perfectly. The only downside to these is they are BIG and when they mount to the bike, it requires you to swing your leg way up and over since the scrambler seat is already high. Otherwise, once you're on the bike, these things are solid and don't affect the ride.

Hope this helps anyone looking for saddlebags,
~Ron

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
R9T
3 Posts
That's a great looking set up.
Ironically I too have been eyeing up Hepco's panniers for my Urban GS.
Thought their legacy briefcase would be great for to / from work duty.

Owen

·
Registered
2021 R Nine T
90 Posts
This thread made me remember the Denfeld leather saddlebags on my first BMW - a 1973 /5. They were perfectly proportioned for the bike. I'm a H + B fan, but maybe Hepco + Becker should take a closer look at the original.

·
Registered
2019 BMW Scrambler
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are gorgeous saddlebags. More appropriate for a R18 Bagger or Indian Super Chief, in my opinion. But the only opinion that really matters is yours. :)
Haha totally, I was worried about this looking like a double bagger but the soft saddlebags just didn’t give me what I wanted!

·
Registered
2019 BMW Scrambler
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This thread made me remember the Denfeld leather saddlebags on my first BMW - a 1973 /5. They were perfectly proportioned for the bike. I'm a H + B fan, but maybe Hepco + Becker should take a closer look at the original.
The universal c-bow mount allows you to pick any saddlebags you want and these guys are huge. I wanted the brown leather look with a lock and these were the only set I could find that didn’t require some kind of goofy universal mount. The bags are super high quality leather but what makes them a little weird is they are mounted high on the scrambler and it makes the aesthetic a little weird but overall still thrilled with them.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,168 Posts
Those look terrific, and I think they fit the esthetic of the bike very well. I also love that they're both lockable to to the bike and the bags themselves are lockable. They aren't cheap, but also aren't any worse than most OEM pannier options for other machines.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Those look terrific, and I think they fit the esthetic of the bike very well. I also love that they're both lockable to to the bike and the bags themselves are lockable. They aren't cheap, but also aren't any worse than most OEM pannier options for other machines.
I fully agree, ni e looking bags and very usable, most panniers now are expensive for quality and these look like quality.

HG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts