BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
221 - 231 of 231 Posts

· Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Haha, i also asked him.. he said he is going to check the brand of the rack and tell us how he did it :)
(Asked him through youtube)

It looks really good; a bit bigger than the Unit garage and at a lower price.

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
2,193 Posts
So it is a Hepco & Becker rack.. it does fit with the original siderack/pannier mounts without any modification!
I’ll have to go revisit it.mine was bought through wunderlich but it’s H&B. Might work I tried to fit I earlier with no luck. I’m sure I’m not as smart as most here on the forum but I seem to keep plodding along I’ll give it another go.

· Premium Member
1,192 Posts
I might still end up going for the Unit garage rack..

I looked at my current setup and i dont think the Hepco & Becker is going to fit.. The side supports for the rack go out too much to the back; where the unit garage ones are slimmer.

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
2,193 Posts
The attachment points are different on the unit garage as well. I just revisited his video and realized that he has the sub frame on his. I have the sub frame delete blank that helps the passenger seat and hump fit better. I’m gonna dive into it the next time I wrench on the bike.

· Registered
3 Posts
They sent me the install instructions, so I could see where it attached. I am considering the rack with the foldable bracket. I might be able to attach a removable backrest to that rack. Not sure I like the idea of installing a rack, but it does use up that bare space (the diving board). I would need to see it first hand. They mention how they use a plastic cover over the rack, to improve the appearance. NO plastic is an improvement to me. I noticed it bolts to 4 points. The frame bolt to the side and below the seat (where you would attach the attachment points for the large rear BMW bag), and then replaces 2 bolts under the rear seat. One item that concerns me, is a kinda thick washer that fits between the seat, and the seat base, right where we screw the pillion seat.
Comes with 2 spacers, one for scrambler and a shorter one for pure, urban and r nine t, it's needed coz those side bars lift your rear pillion a lil bit

221 - 231 of 231 Posts