BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed higher bars on their scrambler/urban gs? I’ve looked at the Unit Garage bars. I’m a little concerned that the shim from 7/8 to 1 1/8 will increase vibrations. And I’ve looked at risers. I installed the BMW scrambler risers on my urban, but they seemed to increase the vibration quite a bit, so I just removed them.

So has anyone installed other high bars? Looking for options.

Related question, are the scrambler bars the same as the urban’s? My dealer thought the scrambler bars might have more rise.

Finally, anyone have the measurements for the urban bars?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I’ve done thousands of miles with Unit Garage bars. Sometimes 300 Mile day’s and have had no problems with vibration. I’ve even added Wunderlich risers and again no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the Pure risers for the Pure Low, together with the barweights from the Classic.
They are made of Metal instead of Plastic.
Thanks, Kjell. What do the bar weights do? Eat up a little vibration? Do you have a link to the product?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, the bar weights dampens wibrations.
I seems to remember that the metal weights are tree times as heavy as the plastic ones.

If You look for them at ”realoem.com” and under the parts for the original R NineT you’ll find them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put the Wunderlich risers on my Scrambler and coupled with the heaviest weight ThrottleMeister, I felt very little vibration. Threw on some grip-puppies too and it was fairly smooth. I think the dual-sport tires probaby added more rumble too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the Wunderlich risers on my Scrambler and coupled with the heaviest weight ThrottleMeister, I felt very little vibration. Threw on some grip-puppies too and it was fairly smooth. I think the dual-sport tires probaby added more rumble too.
Thanks, Envi. Yeah, the TKC 80s. They’re probably the cause for the vibes I’m feeling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts