BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in purchasing a Becker-Technik lifter for my bike but they don't ship to the US. In Google searching I came across the Hornig #L29 lifter for R9s. I'm posting to ask if anyone owns one of these and, if so, how do you like it? Does it work in a similar fashion to the Becker lifter? Any info and/or photos would be much appreciated.

FYI- this is a link to the Hornig lifter:

Lifter for BMW RnineT | BMW Motorcycle Accessory Hornig

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
I was interested in purchasing a Becker-Technik lifter for my bike but they don't ship to the US. In Google searching I came across the Hornig #L29 lifter for R9s. I'm posting to ask if anyone owns one of these and, if so, how do you like it? Does it work in a similar fashion to the Becker lifter? Any info and/or photos would be much appreciated.

FYI- this is a link to the Hornig lifter:

Lifter for BMW RnineT | BMW Motorcycle Accessory Hornig
It's the Becker lifter.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have this one and I ordered it from the same site you posed and it shipped to Hawaii, they even adjust the price to exclude the VAT since you are outside Europe. No pics but all I can say is it works exactly like the video shows. Makes cleaning and other maintenance projects much easier. There is some discussion on this forum about the suitability of the mount points on the engine case as being insufficient to hold the weight of the bike. I can sense no problem with them and would recommend the product based on my experience. I also use it for longer term storage and have considered buying one of the wheeled dolly type devices to see if I could then roll it around the garage.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have this one and I ordered it from the same site you posed and it shipped to Hawaii, they even adjust the price to exclude the VAT since you are outside Europe. No pics but all I can say is it works exactly like the video shows. Makes cleaning and other maintenance projects much easier. There is some discussion on this forum about the suitability of the mount points on the engine case as being insufficient to hold the weight of the bike. I can sense no problem with them and would recommend the product based on my experience. I also use it for longer term storage and have considered buying one of the wheeled dolly type devices to see if I could then roll it around the garage.
+1

The same here - and with a little DIY the rear wheel will come up too:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Fantastic piece of equipment and very well made.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I use mine when cleaning the bike with a scissor lift (off road bike type) under the engine and both wheels can be turned for cleaning no problems:):)
I love it's simplicity and easy of use:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a Becker Technic lifter. I had a mini disaster with it the other day. The bike was on the stand and I wanted to pull the bike round a little. The bike came backwards and the stand folded forward. Two pieces of alloy finning were broken off the sump area. Actually it's only minor cosmetic damage which I've cleaned up. Just be careful if you own one too.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,566 Posts
I have a Becker Technic lifter. I had a mini disaster with it the other day. Paul
Hey Paul, sorry to hear of your mishap.
Were you attempting to move the bike on the stand utilising the two wheels attached to the stand?
These wheels are only there as a pivot point during the lifting/lowering motion.
When the bike is up on the stand, the metal tabs keep it firm and rock steady.
Just some advice for new players. ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes I was attempting to move it. Swinging the back around to realign it in the workshop. Otherwise I agree it is rocksteady for normal maintenance, wheel removal etc. I posted this as a warning.

·
Registered
2014 R nineT
17 Posts
I recently purchased it and think it's great. Easy to setup and take down. Takes very little space.

May not be the best for oil changes, since it's right under the sump and close to drain plug so it's hard to get an oil pan underneath unless you are going to hold an open pan in the right place, above the ground/floor.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,065 Posts
I recently purchased it and think it's great. Easy to setup and take down. Takes very little space.

May not be the best for oil changes, since it's right under the sump and close to drain plug so it's hard to get an oil pan underneath unless you are going to hold an open pan in the right place, above the ground/floor.
I just bought a used Becker Technik from a fellow forum member. I haven't used it yet, but anticipate using it mostly to remove the front wheel when I need a new tire, and maybe when I do some cleaning and minor servicing. I used the front wheel chock I bought this winter when I did oil and filter replacement, which worked fine. I also have a rear paddock stand on order. Between these three things I hope never to need an actual centerstand for this bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts