BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
12,389 Posts
Quite similar to what I have fitted to my bike. Looks good, mate! :)

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Looks good, similar to the sc project but with a db killer thats great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
How did it turn out ? I'm very interested in this exhaust, i think it's one of the best looking options out there. How do you like it ? Any chance of posting some pictures and a video with the sound ?

I was wondering how/if it works out with the passenger pegs, and how (un)comfortable it'd be for the pillion, heatwise.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Administrator
12,389 Posts
Delete my last comment! I'm sure when I last looked it was a mini twin-shotgun silencer but now it's a high level single silencer! Go figure!!!

It does look good though, I like it! :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just ordered the Low Pipe. Killer deal at 363 Euros including shipping to Canada. Looks better than the Unit Garage pipe to me. Hopefully the fit & finish is up to par... will report back when installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just ordered the Low Pipe. Killer deal at 363 Euros including shipping to Canada. Looks better than the Unit Garage pipe to me. Hopefully the fit & finish is up to par... will report back when installed.
that does look like a nice exhaust. curious to hear your feedback after you receive it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installed it yesterday! Sweet looking piece of kit. Removable DB killer (that does however require some power tooling to get the hemology seal of, that is a welded bolt in the end can) and also purchased a end cap grill to go along with it. Mounting was easy, plug and play. Can post a sound clip soon if interested

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Installed it yesterday! Sweet looking piece of kit. Removable DB killer (that does however require some power tooling to get the hemology seal of, that is a welded bolt in the end can) and also purchased a end cap grill to go along with it. Mounting was easy, plug and play. Can post a sound clip soon if interested
Really nice bike!!
Yes please for the sound clip.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, I'm on it ?
But to describe, sound is pretty close to stock Akrapovic without DB killers. A little bit more aggressive, and higher tone. Really like it.

In the meantime, a couple of close ups I took before mounting. Love the welds.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts

Your bike looks awesome man !!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How did it turn out ? I'm very interested in this exhaust, i think it's one of the best looking options out there. How do you like it ? Any chance of posting some pictures and a video with the sound ?

I was wondering how/if it works out with the passenger pegs, and how (un)comfortable it'd be for the pillion, heatwise.
Can't mount with the rear subframe. So not possible with passenger. Unite garage have a high pipe that can be used with the subframe. Also looks nice but a bit more expensive

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your bike looks awesome man !!
Thanks mate. Got this idea after seeing the boxer cup bikes, and just started small modifications bit by bit during the winter and it's coming together really nice. The exhaust with the end cap grill really set the tone. Bellypan with boxer cup paint will be added next week, then I'm out riding... ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you remove the db killer in your new pipe?
I'm wondering if your new pipe with the db killer installed is much louder than stock with db killer installed.

Rob

Alright, I'm on it ?
But to describe, sound is pretty close to stock Akrapovic without DB killers. A little bit more aggressive, and higher tone. Really like it.

In the meantime, a couple of close ups I took before mounting. Love the welds.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you remove the db killer in your new pipe?
I'm wondering if your new pipe with the db killer installed is much louder than stock with db killer installed.

Rob
Yes removed DB killer in the new can.

Had also removed the DB killers in my stock Akrapovic can.

The sound is approximately 15-20% louder than stock (super amateur guess :))

1 - 20 of 77 Posts