BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
@kebo, if I understand correctly though, the HP CorseGP07 can only be used when the subframe is not mounted? If so, any way it could work with subframe, from what you can see?

Thanks!
Connection between tubes on GP07 is quite flexible. I forced it for position a bit outside and bend sligthly current brackets, to increase clearance between Ohlins canister and tube and it works fine.
So in my opinion it might be possible, with modified (new) brackets, to mount it with subframe. But I also think that it will be useless, as it will be almost impossible to use passenger footrests and might be quite dangerous for pillion.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I've just ordered a HP Corse EvoXtreme for mine, just for info ebay seller dragomoto,bay is doing them at 21% off with free standard delivery worldwide.

The Extreme is really really close to the high level akrapovic in looks and construction.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi there,

can I ask anyone who has a GP07 high level exhaust fitted, will this exhaust be OK with a rear hugger fitted - clearance problems between the inward side of the exhaust and the hugger ?

I have a Puig rear hugger and it sticks out either side of my rear tyre by about 20mm ish
I've seen photos of high level exhausts and they seem to fit very close to the side of the rear tyre, i'm concerned that when a rear hugger is fitted the inside of the exhaust may come into contact it
I look forward to your thoughts on this

r nine t jockey

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all,

Can anyone post a picture from the rear with this exhaust please?

I'm trying to work out if it will clear my krauser c-bow panniers.

Also will this fit a 2018 model OK? They all seem to say 14-16.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Here you go:

I think from mount and size perspective, it will fit to the 2018 model, but 2018 is Euro 4 bike. 2014 - 2016 are Euro 3 and this pipe is approved for Euro 3 models. Means you can have a problem on Technical check. I do not expect issue with engine performance.

Reactions: Fatfingers73

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just ordered a HP Corse EvoXtreme for mine, just for info ebay seller dragomoto,bay is doing them at 21% off with free standard delivery worldwide.

The Extreme is really really close to the high level akrapovic in looks and construction.
Hey Fluffmeister, what do you think of the Hp Corse Evoxtreme? Sounds/quality? Do you have any pictures of it on your bike?

I am thinking about picking the highmount set-up on eBay for my racer.

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
82 Posts
Just reviving this a bit. I’d like to keep the pillion pegs but really like the HP Corse GP-07 can, but the high mount pipe isn’t compatible with the rear sub frame unfortunately. Just wondering if the HP can would fit onto the one to two to one high mount Unit Garage pipe. Anyone have any idea if combining the two would work? Are they compatible at all? Ultimately I could just go the whole Unit Garage route but I do like the looks of the GP-07.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed it yesterday! Sweet looking piece of kit. Removable DB killer (that does however require some power tooling to get the hemology seal of, that is a welded bolt in the end can) and also purchased a end cap grill to go along with it. Mounting was easy, plug and play. Can post a sound clip soon if interested
Hi,
About that HP Corse with the extension, Does it need to take off the passenger footrests?

It looks great btw

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
82 Posts
Hi,
About that HP Corse with the extension, Does it need to take off the passenger footrests?

It looks great btw
Whoops! My apologies. I missed your question somehow.

unfortunately it looks like the high mount pipe for the Corse won’t fit with the rear subframe, and therefore the pillion passenger foot pegs can’t be used.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Whoops! My apologies. I missed your question somehow.

unfortunately it looks like the high mount pipe for the Corse won’t fit with the rear subframe, and therefore the pillion passenger foot pegs can’t be used.
confirmed

·
Registered
47 Posts
HP Course GP07 High Pipe

Has anyone fitted this to a 2017 model and above? Their description says it fits 2014-2016 model. Second question: What's the difference between Homologated and Non Homologated? Is it that the 2014-2016 bikes were a different euro spec? I did email HP Course same questions, just thought I would reach out to some of our members.

Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
HP Course GP07 High Pipe

Has anyone fitted this to a 2017 model and above? Their description says it fits 2014-2016 model. Second question: What's the difference between Homologated and Non Homologated? Is it that the 2014-2016 bikes were a different euro spec? I did email HP Course same questions, just thought I would reach out to some of our members.

Thanks.
Sorry only just saw this, Homologated exhausts are road legal with the manufacturer paying each country a fee to test them ( Europe is classed as one) this obviously is expensive so the cost gets passed on to the consumer. Think of it like helmets with DOT, European standard ect if the manufacturer doesn't get the helmet tested then it isn't legal for the road, same with the exhaust. With the 2014-16 they're Euro3, 2017-20 Euro4 and with the launch of the 2021 models Euro5. All these exhaust with work without doing harm to your engine but to be road legal they're only for the Euro3 bike's.
Non Homologated are meant for off road use and thus don't cost as much, are usually louder and not road legal.
I guess it depends on where you are in the world and what the cops are like. I ride with a lot of lad's on Harley's pretty sure if the cops cared it's going to be them getting fined before me 🤣
I believe Europeans are pretty strict but for those of us lucky enough to live in Australia it's usually not a problem. We don't even have any annual inspections in my state (like the UK MOT) so unless I was unlucky or riding like an idiot in a built up area no cop will ever bother with me....probably jinxed that now :poop:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry only just saw this, Homologated exhausts are road legal with the manufacturer paying each country a fee to test them ( Europe is classed as one) this obviously is expensive so the cost gets passed on to the consumer. Think of it like helmets with DOT, European standard ect if the manufacturer doesn't get the helmet tested then it isn't legal for the road, same with the exhaust. With the 2014-16 they're Euro3, 2017-20 Euro4 and with the launch of the 2021 models Euro5. All these exhaust with work without doing harm to your engine but to be road legal they're only for the Euro3 bike's.
Non Homologated are meant for off road use and thus don't cost as much, are usually louder and not road legal.
I guess it depends on where you are in the world and what the cops are like. I ride with a lot of lad's on Harley's pretty sure if the cops cared it's going to be them getting fined before me 🤣
I believe Europeans are pretty strict but for those of us lucky enough to live in Australia it's usually not a problem. We don't even have any annual inspections in my state (like the UK MOT) so unless I was unlucky or riding like an idiot in a built up area no cop will ever bother with me....probably jinxed that now :poop:
Thank you for answering that for me. Here in the US, the Ninet is the last bike that will get checked for a loud exhaust. HD has that wrapped up pretty nicely!
Currently running Comp Werkes no baffle, I don’t think it’s loud, ear plugs and proper fit Arai have great sound deleting qualities. I do like the look of that HP course high pipe though, can’t imagine it’s much louder than the Werkes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Werks are loud, probably louder than the GP07 although with the db kikler out they're all loud.
Same here Harley's are the loudest bike's but none of my mates have ever had any hassle, enjoy the GP07 i look forward to see a few photos 👍

61 - 77 of 77 Posts