BMW NineT Forum banner

HP Corse GP07 exhaust - High pipe

39K views 77 replies 31 participants last post by  Ellwood 
#1 ·
#5 ·
How did it turn out ? I'm very interested in this exhaust, i think it's one of the best looking options out there. How do you like it ? Any chance of posting some pictures and a video with the sound ?

I was wondering how/if it works out with the passenger pegs, and how (un)comfortable it'd be for the pillion, heatwise.

#6 ·
Please post a sound bite when you can. I'm considering purchasing the Low Pipe.

Rob

#7 ·
Delete my last comment! I'm sure when I last looked it was a mini twin-shotgun silencer but now it's a high level single silencer! Go figure!!!

It does look good though, I like it! :)

#8 · (Edited)
Just ordered the Low Pipe. Killer deal at 363 Euros including shipping to Canada. Looks better than the Unit Garage pipe to me. Hopefully the fit & finish is up to par... will report back when installed.

Attachments

#10 ·
Installed it yesterday! Sweet looking piece of kit. Removable DB killer (that does however require some power tooling to get the hemology seal of, that is a welded bolt in the end can) and also purchased a end cap grill to go along with it. Mounting was easy, plug and play. Can post a sound clip soon if interested

Attachments

#14 ·
Alright, I'm on it ?
But to describe, sound is pretty close to stock Akrapovic without DB killers. A little bit more aggressive, and higher tone. Really like it.

In the meantime, a couple of close ups I took before mounting. Love the welds.

Attachments

#19 ·
Did you remove the db killer in your new pipe?
I'm wondering if your new pipe with the db killer installed is much louder than stock with db killer installed.

Rob

#26 ·
Here is a sound clip with and without DB killer. I will probably ride it with DB killer on the road and without on the tracks.

For info:
I have the 40mm DB killer that's euro legal. Also a 35mm DB killer is available for purchase.

40mm makes sound level similar to stock.

Sorry for the dirty bike ?

https://youtu.be/-BMTH7RtkpE

That sounds glorious. Especially with the killer off, as BaldyDave said.

It sounds a lot meatier but doesn't seem that much louder. Is that just the video ? Would it be super obnoxious ? I'm thinking for city riding, without usually getting to the higher end of the rev range.

#30 ·
Update:
Ridden 50 km with DB killer and 50 km without. Here are my findings.

It's obnoxious looud without DB killer. Head ache loud. I mean you are running straight pipes here.

It's well loud with DB killer. Really loud. Stop your throttle when you see a cop loud... Can't really see how this would be road legal.
But I really like the tone. It's deep and farty.

___

So have decided to ride with DB killer in.
Emailed HP Corse today to buy a 'end cap grill' to the 40mm DB killers, as well as to see if they have even smaller DB killers available for the track.
There is no way this would be OK on a regulated trackday with DB killer.

Hope this helps someone :)

#31 ·
Great to know, thank you Petrol ! Just commited to buy a 9t and was thoroughly impressed by the stock exhaust so I think I'll leave it as is (minus the db killers), but this will definitely stay on a potential wishlist down the road!

#34 ·
Hi,

Are you able to post a picture of how your pipe mounts to the lower point on the bike? I know the subframe is removed but I'm wondering if I need to purchase a lower bracket.

Thanks so much,

Rob

#35 ·
Petrolpants,

Viewing one of your earlier photos with my computer (rather than my phone) , I can see how your new pipe is mounted. Is the lower mount OEM?

Rob

#38 ·
Fitted the HP Corse double barrel today.
With DB Killers in, its slightly louder than stock, but has a more aggressive growl to it.

I'm running with catless Akra headers, and I'm glad I went for the double, as all the single pipes seemed to chg the sound to more dirt bike like.
The double retains the bass of the exhaust.

Will post sound clips soon, but on the phone it sounds more higher pitched than in person

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.