BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic and 2017 Suzuki Hayabusa and 2015 F3 Spyder
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like it. It is centered and out of my site so I can see my gear indicator.
It takes some of the vibration from my phone and when I don't need it I can take it all off except the ball which is hidden under my handlebar clamp.
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2017 BMW RnineT Racer
105 Posts
FWIW: I destroyed my I-phone by using a similar Ram mount.

I now use a Quadlock system (in the same location) with a vibration dampener (sp?).
The phone cases are a little bulky; but worth it (to me).
I have also added a windshield suction mounted and powered holder to my motor home which works very well, too.

I still use the Ram mount on my mountain bike, although the rubber retainers break every 1-2 years.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,057 Posts
Nice. 👍

I've read many comments similar to @jpaton 's above. The camera seems to be the biggest casualty to smartphones held in cradles like this on motorcycles -- especially more 'vibey' bikes like an R9T. So I'd be cautious with this if I were you, @mkuszek .

But this RAM setup looks like it would be great for the Garmin GPS I bought last year. (Not a Zumo unfortunately, so it isn't waterproof.) So far I've only used it in my bigger tankbag with a clear map window on top. This would be a huge improvement!

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic and 2017 Suzuki Hayabusa and 2015 F3 Spyder
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i mounted this stem mount i made sure that I did not actually seat the washer and had a 1/8 or so rubber lip under the washer which give the stem rubber mount some wiggle/movement/damper room. It's not a solid mount so it's like dampened thru the rubber. I won't use it all the time and I have a Samsung not that is not having the same iPhone vibration damage issues. Yes I do have a Zumo GPS that I can mount on this mount also if need be.I think it is worth the $20.00. THANKS for all the replys,this is a great forum.

·
Banned
7 Posts
When i mounted this stem mount i made sure that I did not actually seat the washer and had a 1/8 or so rubber lip under the washer which give the stem rubber mount some wiggle/movement/damper room. It's not a solid mount so it's like dampened thru the rubber. I won't use it all the time and I have a Samsung not that is not having the same iPhone vibration damage issues. Yes I do have a Zumo GPS that I can mount on this mount also if need be.I think it is worth the $20.00. THANKS for all the replys,this is a great forum.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts