BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
10" of snow yesterday. However, it is supposed to be 45 degrees on Sunday.

Started up the Honda yesterday to blow out the carbs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's saying it'll be 16 degrees tomorrow and sunny, in my book that's 'let's get out and ride' weather :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very frustrating indeed! Particularly since I find myself on the west coast during most weeks...I was formulating a plan to purloin Bonkarama's or Lost rider's 9T while out there, but perhaps I'll start stalking Mr. Spencer's!

Hopefully, the few upcoming days in the 40's will at least melt the snow and start the process of ridding the streets of the road "salt"...Hopefully...

·
Administrator
11,639 Posts
Was a nice and mild day here in Scotland, but I was locked in my garage finishing off installing my new handlebars and bar end indicators..... Ran out of wire to route the indicator wiring properly so that'll have to wait till Monday... It's meant to rain then too.... Drat! :( Still the days are getting warmer so fingers crossed I'll get the bike out for a run soon as this is the last of the big modifications this year.

Reactions: Dutch

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave! I've been watching your progress! Beautiful job and great inspiration for my bike as well!
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,639 Posts
Dave! I've been watching your progress! Beautiful job and great inspiration for my bike as well!
Cheers!
I'll be posting pictures in my modification thread when it's all done. :)

The bar swap and indicator install was a bit of a fiddly task, but not as hard as I'd expected it to be - I had been dreading drilling multiple holes in the bars and threading the indicator wiring. I still think the switchgear being bolted to the bars is one of BMW's silliest ideas ever. The 9T is meant to be built for customisation, but this just makes things more complicated than it should be, and doesn't allow you to adjust the switchgear positioning for perfect ergonomics! Obviously the German company is wanting to deter folk from buying aftermarket bits despite their sales blurb! ;)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Very nice.

My driveway is a hill and it sits in the shade so it tends to be icy. I was able to slowly wheel it down the hill and go for a short ride but there was still patches of ice so I went home. Getting back up the hill was a different story. The bike kept sliding sideways and I was afraid that I was going to drop it. I ended up dumping a huge bag of kitty litter on the slippery parts just to get it back in the garage.

Will try again tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Upper 30's and mostly sunny in Milwaukee today - that's Spring to me. Riding season is here. Got the 800gs out for a nice long ride. I'm not ashamed to say that I felt almost human again.

The 9T is still being put back together, but after a good salt-clearing rain shower, we're back in business.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's saying it'll be 16 degrees tomorrow and sunny, in my book that's 'let's get out and ride' weather :)
Did you get out Phil ? I had a ride up to Ashbourne ( 2nd one on the 9T ) the A515 was full of bikes. Great weather but windy on the way back.

I'm starting to really like that bike :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you get out Phil ? I had a ride up to Ashbourne ( 2nd one on the 9T ) the A515 was full of bikes. Great weather but windy on the way back.

I'm starting to really like that bike :)
heck yes I got out, nice ride out up the Peak for a couple of hours, first ride of the season and it was a belter. Sunny, warm and on the T, my neck is a bit sore today from all the nodding at passing bikers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll be posting pictures in my modification thread when it's all done. :)

The bar swap and indicator install was a bit of a fiddly task, but not as hard as I'd expected it to be - I had been dreading drilling multiple holes in the bars and threading the indicator wiring. I still think the switchgear being bolted to the bars is one of BMW's silliest ideas ever. The 9T is meant to be built for customisation, but this just makes things more complicated than it should be, and doesn't allow you to adjust the switchgear positioning for perfect ergonomics! Obviously the German company is wanting to deter folk from buying aftermarket bits despite their sales blurb! ;)
Looking forward to seeing your work!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I find myself on the west coast during most weeks
:D
I'll be back in SFO this week and San Diego and SFO every week in April. Two weeks ago, I walked to Dubbleju in SFO. Talked to Bobby(?) anyway, nice guy. I'm thinkin' I'll be renting a bike for some riding out that way.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I got to ride today! (Sunday) I took the bike out for about 100 miles on back country roads. This the first time that I have had a chance to put the nineT through its paces. It is a really easy bike to ride. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts